Sixteen

Hera

It's actually hard for me to work with Fallon. I can't focus on what I am doing. He manages the people well and he knows how to get with them. His face has a mark of distress because of the people who can't get right. His forehead are sweating and I'm silently wishing that I'll be the one who can wipe off those. But I am sanguine enough that I can do better more than they could, I'm not begrudging them, but I need to show Fallon that it's worth it to be his workmate and why he choose me.

The people in here were so busy. Some of others are doing their task, and some of others are chattering. And me, on the other hand, busy on how to plan and making an outline for the presentation. It's been so stressful lately, like everyone have no time to spend time for theirselves, which is really crucial.

...

At last everyone got their break. Were done making the first outline of the presentation, which I was grateful for. The design was simple, an old neighborhood, and a park with a rusty old swing. Then suddenly, I remembered something. My childhood days.

I missed the times that I'm so happy playing with my childhood friend named Nathan. I don't know where is he now. We didn't see each other for like eight years or so. Yes, I do have a childhood friend. My family was once living in the Capitol, the place where the poor families can live and Nathan is my neighbor. Our nanny's, were close friends, and everytime nanny would seek out to the park, I always follow. Nanny caught me following her and that's why she decided to bring me to the park, for like always. And that's when I've met Nathan. He's so chubby, brown eyes with a thick eyeglasses. He seem intelligent at the very first place, and that was actually true. Together we sang songs, taking swings and many more, I'm really enjoying his company, a lot. Our friendship needs to end, my father came home and he is forbidding me to talk to people or go to the park. We have separated. We never seen each other again, and I'm wishing to all the falling stars out there, that we can see each other again, with sincerity. I really miss him.

I stroll the way handling the plan and the outline, the plan is simple but meaningful, I can say that I can relate myself in this presentation that's why I'm giving my one hundred percent guts for this presentation. I don't want Fallon to get disappointed in me. Cliché right?

"How about this?" I inquired at him showing the outline and the plan of the presentation. His brows rose a little, and he scanned the figure.

"Excellent, Bella. This is perfect! I never knew that you're quite good at making an outline and a plan. Are you?" He said, and I let out a soft chuckle, a little flattered.

"No, I just made it." I simply replied. He scanned again the outline and I saw he knitted his brows.

"What is this?" He asked, I looked at the outline and saw an empty space.
I blink my eyes, and it's really empty.

"Umm, this is where we put up the characters, when they are about to take an exit." I said to him and he agreed, if there's something I could put on them.

...

"Do you like him?" Elle asked for the hundredth time. He keeps on asking me if I like him. Fallon and I could feel my cheeks, burning. Were here at the stage, helping the group two. But, Elle and I decided to make it here on the stage, just the two of us.

"Look at him Hera!!" She whispered in my ear. She motioned her face to the direction of Fallon, God! He's so hot, wearing a black thin shirt. His chest are so prominent, and his abdominals were also present.

I stared at him blankly, yes, I stared at him like there was no tomorrow. He slowly turned his eyes towards my direction, and he caught my eyes, staring at him, and I quickly looked away, blushing.

Busted. My mind said, yeah I'm all busted like hell, he caught me.

"Indeed, you like him!" Elle squeezed my arms, and my blood were bathing at my cheeks.

"Don't be absurd! I don't like him. He doesn't seem to like me, he's so busy watching and studying, that there's no time for him to tick tak with me. Perhaps." I said to Elle with her face like a puppy.

"Is that so? Don't think like that, I think Fallon is not a showy person Hera, just wait for him and with that, he'll realize someday that he likes you more than you like him." Said she. Elle is such a friend. I never thought that she'll be here for me to advice me with Fallon.

"No. He doesn't like me." I mumbled. But those words didn't escaped from Elle's ears.

"Don't think like that Hera".

"That's true Elle, he likes someone" I stated, her lips are forming a letter o.

"Are you certain? As far as I know, he doesn't dating someone." She said, and I remembered her ex.

"It's true, there's one time that he got late in school, and I found a bruise in his arm, I asked him what happened to it, and he said that a maniac are trying to harass his ex girlfriend and he tried to save him. And he became her night an shining armor. Cliché." I said with a bitter voice. Her eyes are knitted in confusion.

"Do you mean, Ivana? Fallon's ex girlfriend. But they're already broke up one month and three weeks, as I remembered. But, are you sure he said that?" She asked with a curious voice.

"Ivana is the name of his ex girlfriend? She's maybe the bitch who keep on sending me threat letters. She said that stay away with Fallon because he is mine." I said mimicking her voice even though I didn't heard it.

"Ivana is seldom seen in the campus. She can be seen in her dorm. And I can't believe that she can threat people through sending letters."

"I guess I haven't seen her around before."

"Don't think about Ivana. She's weird, let's talk about love." She changed the topic, and it was so boring because it talks about love.

"I don't think so, love is just a stupid thingy, what I felt for Fallon is just a you know, not love I just feel it. And later, it will gone. Love is just a trickery of mind." I said bitterly.

...

"Pharrel, could you please get me the stool, I just want to arrange this things." I shouted at Pharrel, he quickly get the stool I told him to fetch.

Ugghh! This is too high! The stool almost reaches my hips, that I could release so much energy in just climbing in it.

At last, I finally stood in the stool, I feel so high, like a giant. I could see the people in here. I started to arrange the things that looks like a mess. Out of the sudden, Fallon looked at me, I didn't notice him walking towards my direction, and now he's looking at me.

I tried to take a step, but the area of the stool is so steep, that I could stop often. Out of the balance, my feet twisted which makes me to fall to the hard floor. Instead of falling to the ground, I was held by something hard, and I realized it was Fallon, holding me.

Shamed, I commanded him to put me down, and he followed but with a little hesitation. I wipe off some imaginary dust, and I can't look at him. He's smiling mischievously at me.

"....ummm, thanks for catching me." I said stuttering.

"Don't mention it, glad your okay." He winked at me, and I blushed.

"Please excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." I excused myself.

He just nod in return.

...

I was about to wash my hands when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, and it was from unknown. I answered it on the third ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, dear, how are you?" It was a familiar voice. God, it's him.

To be continued on the next chapter...

...

Moore.✌