"About a week."

"Oh, you definitely have every right to be scared."

"Thanks for the pep talk."

"Yeah, we're happy to help you out."

I shook my head and knocked on the door, instead of ringing on the doorbell. The one thing that I hoped for is that she didn't answer the door because then everything that we planned in the car would be ruined. Luckily, Alfie and Zoë opened the door and ushered the three of us in quietly.

"Where's Alyssa?"

"She's in her room, getting ready, Joe."

"Come on," I said and motioned to the two boys behind me. They nodded and we all walked up the stairs, ready to surprise Alyssa.

ALYSSA DEYES' POV
Just as I finished applying my mascara, I heard a knock on the door. I looked up and placed the product on my dresser.

"Come in," I called to whoever was outside.

"Hey," I heard someone say, and I looked up to see Joe.

"Hey. Merry Christmas," I said as I pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek. Just as he pulled away, my phone buzzed on my dresser. I looked up at Joe and quickly apologized before I went to go check it, only to see that it was Troye.

Troye: hey! how are you?

Me: Hey! I'm good! How's everything in Perth?

"Who is that?" Joe asked curiously. I smiled and looked up at him.

"It's Troye."

Troye: actually, I'm not in Perth.

Me: Where are you then?

Troye: look to your left.

I looked up at Joe, who just seemed to smile in response. I noticed his eyes were on something that just happened to be on my left. I looked over in that direction, and my mouth opened wide.

"Troye, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm not the only one that's here," he said in response as I pulled away. That's when I saw the person just beside me and it was an even bigger surprise to see him.

"Connor Franta?" I asked, not really believing that he was standing right in front of me.

"I'm surprised you remember me, Alyssa. It's been what, a year now?"

"Yeah. We should've kept in touch."

"We should've and now we will."

"Listen, I'm happy that you two are here but why?" I asked softly, but all they did was smile and look behind me. I turned around, completely forgetting that Joe was still there, sitting on my bed.

"It was Joe's idea," Troye explained. I looked at Joe, who looked at me, and the two of us seemed to have a silent conversation.