Soul x Reader x Kid part 10

The air in the cave was not nearly as fresh as the air outside, and it took you a few minutes to adjust. The cave had a tall ceiling and had chairs, a table, a refigerator, a fire under a hole in the ceiling, a large dent in the floor filled with water, and a double bed. "Hello?" You called.

As the hand closes along your throught your only thought is of home- not the one with your mom and dad- but the one with all the DWMA students. This, you thought, Is for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________

The eyes of the class were on Davis Sasaki, Liz and Patty Thompson, and Maka Albarn. They all held hands under the table, staring at the door, all of them willing for their partners to come through it. Professor Stein had long since stopped annoucing what part of the otter he was cutting- he was now silently cutting the bird.

Why didn't any of them come to the mall last night? Tsubaki thought, frowning down at her book. Niether Liz, nor Davis, nor Maka had seen any sign of Death the Kid, ____, or Soul last night. Why are all of them missing?

Then the door opened. The class took a collective breath in. Soul "Eater" Evans stepped in, with his hair messier than usual, and the whites of his eye red.

Maka ran and threw her arms around him. After a few seconds he hugged her back. He couldn't help but think to himself I must've really worried her. 

She walked him up to the seat and the spoke quickly to each other before becoming silent like the remainder of the class.

Black*Star threw a note at Soul's head. It bounced off and he caught it. He looked at it.

Good to have you back Buddy!

-Black*Star

Soul looked at Black*Star. He was grinning and had a thumbs up. Soul glared at him then looked away.

Black*Star turned to Tsubaki. "What's wrong with him?"

She shrugged and continued to look forward. "It's only normal. Try to be considerate."

Black*Star was somber for a few seconds. Then he grinned to himself. It may be hard having to deal with a friend die, but a big assassin like me deals with deal all the time!

The class went silent until Death the Kid walked in. For once in his life, he was asymmetrical hair. Liz and Patty ran to him fussing over him and fixing his hair. The conversation quickly picked up, and a few arguments started. Davis looked at Maka sickly, with the look of loss on his face. "I-I need to go home."

"Ok Davis. Take the time you need." She said softly over the loud class.

_________________________________________________________________

"Lady, Christie, your nightly tea."

"Thank you ___." Christie the witch said. You took her remains of dinner outside and threw them out down the hill side. You thought of what happened when you came to her cave last week.

"Your face... it's far too beautiful to kill." the witch said, feeling your cheekbones.

You were silent and did not advert your eyes. 

"I must keep you to myself... I am Christie Jalapo, witch of the elements. When you address me say Lady Christie or Milady."

You blink. "Yes Lady Christie."

She turned away. You took this time to glance at her outrageous outfit. She had a purple dogs head hat, and her dress was the same colour purple and had black vertical stripes all the way down. 

She turned back to you. "Get a move on! We don't have all day!"

"Yes Lady Christie."

You sigh before walking to the cave door. Your wishes of a rescue mission were long gone- not that you had many to begin with. Taking one last glance at the moon, you thought Soul? Kid? Where are you? Do you miss me? You shake your head, and then slip into the cave once more.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Father, I was just checking the death books. _______'s name wasn't there."

Lord Death turned to face his son. His son who SHOULD have been in class. "Oh? I wonder why?"

"That means she's not dead yet, am I correct?" Kid questioned, stepping closer.

"Well, her name isn't in there, so I'd have to say yes." He shrugged.

"Where is the cave again?" Kid asked excitedly.

"Pyramid peak, why?"

Kid ran out of the room. The bell had just rang. He met Soul, Maka, Tsubaki and Black*Star at their lockers. He could see Liz and Patty working their way through the crowd to him.

"Come on, let's go. Hurry!" He said, out of breath.

"What? Why?" Maka asked.

"Any of you ever played prison break?"

_____________________________

"Good morning Milady! For today's breakfast we have a-"

BAM! The sound of a gunshot echoed.

"-bunch of intruders probably trying to kill us." 

Lady Christie stood. "I will handle this. Do not leave this cave-"

But she was interrupted by seven teens bursting through the door. You quietly made a yes motion with your arm and then composed yourself.

Christie frowned. "Why are you here?"

"We're here for ___."

Christie casted a weak shield charm. "No! You can't have her!"

Maka swung Soul. The shield charm broke, but did not injure Christie. Christie fell into you, and you smacked your head on the wall. The room went fuzzy. You touched the base of your skull. It was wet. Bringing your hand to your face, you saw it was covered with blood. And with that, the room went black. 

A/N And the lovely IwuvSoul has somehow managed to re-write the ENTIRE chapter!!!

;) You're welcome.

-IwuvSoul