Soul x Reader x Kid part 3

"What're cooking schedules like?" You're sitting with Maka, and after insisting that you'd take part in chores she's giving you the lay down.

She pulls out a planner. "Soul and I alternate."

"I'll cook tomorrow then, after Soul." You say, editing the planner.

"Laundry is on weekends." She says, automatically answering your unasked question.

"Who's turn is it this week?"

"Soul's."

"I'll do it this weekend and he'll do it next then." You say, writing on the planner once more.

"What's this about getting out of laundry?" Soul says, exiting his bedroom.

You smile. You've only spent a little time together but you know how he reacts. "Barging in on someone's conversation? Not cool." You say, elbowing him.

He grins and kicks you under the table.

Maka looks up and glares at you two for a moment. Then she returns to her planner like you're nothing but bothersome children.

"I love basketball! Of course I'll play!" You're standing in front of Soul who just got off the phone with one of his friends.

"That's good. Maka won't play, and Liz isn't coming so we're going to need you." He nods. "Come on Maka! Get some fresh air!"

She looks up from the couch. "Can I bring my book?"

"No." Soul replies.

"Well than no." she says, returning to her book.

You stifle a laugh. Soul looks ready to argue, but glancing at you he sighs. "Fine. Bring the stupid book. Can we just go?"

You walk through the streets of death city. The name "Liz" from earlier rattles in your brain, and you know it's one you've heard a lot before. But you can't place it.

As you see Death The Kid, you make the connection. Liz, his gun. You're fine until you see Black*Star. You shove Soul into a side street and pull Maka in.

"Black*Star is your friend?!" You say in a loud whisper.

Soul looks at you. "Why does it matter?"

"I only kicked his butt in ten freaking seconds! He's gonna wanna kill me!"

Maka smiles at you. "It's fine. He's tried to kill Kid several times. They're still good friends."

"Actually, Black*Star's first fight with Kid was less than two minutes after he met him. It'll be fine."

You bite your lip. "Ok."

Maka and Soul's hands are on your back, gently pushing you forwards. You reach the stairs to the court. Giving Maka the puppy dog eyes that said 'please don't make me do this!' she gave you one last shove forcing you to climb down the stairs or fall over. You climb down, Soul at your side.

"Hey! It's the chick from earlier!" Black*Star says, spinning the basketball on his finger.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Tsubaki." She says, bowing.

You smile. "Pleasure's mine. I'm _. "

Kid ignores you. You feel hurt, but you don't say anything.

"Ok New girl! Just remember that I'M the star, and we'll get along fine!" Black*Star says, almost scolding you. But then his mind moves to basketball. "New girl!"

You frown. "I have a name."

Black*Star grins. "Yeah, but that's boring. Make your own team and show us what you got."