Soul x Reader x Kid part 6

"And ___, How old are you?"

"I'll be 15 in a few months."

It seemed like the drilling never ended, and Miania just seemed to continue making up questions. It had gone from potential highschools to potential universities to potential living spaces, and then all the way back again to when you were 5, starting school for the first time. They asked about your grades (Which you were glad to say you were a straight A student), and how you felt about education.

"____, Dearie, Do you mind helping Lacie upstairs and putting her to bed? She asked for you." Granny said, smiling.

"Sure, no problem." But as you walked with Lacie back to the Foyer, your mind was grim. They must be talking about me. What are they saying?

"If your worried about what they think, it's not a big deal. When we left I heard Mom say to Soul he couldn't have picked a better girlfriend. She doesn't like Sarah though, and neither does Granny. She only comes back here because of Wes."

You feel relief wash over your body. "Why don't they like Sarah?"

"They got together a few years ago, when Sarah had some SERIOUS issues. I guess Mom and Granny can't get that over the head. She got better though, only after a few months of dating Wes. A couple of months ago, he proposed. But Mom and Granny won't give them their blessing, so they can't get married." Lacie says, walking up the stairs. The door leads to a similarly designed room, except it was a hallway.

Lacie pointed out doors as she passed. To the left there was her parents room, and past that there was Wes' room. On the right, there was a bathroom, Soul's room, and a room filled with operating instruments. At the end of the hall, there was Lacie's room.

She changed while you waited outside her door, then you took her to the bathroom. You hoisted her up on the counter. 

She grabs the toothpaste and puts it on her toothbrush. Then she brushes her teeth for at least two minutes. She spits, then she grabs floss and heads to work.

"You do this by yourself every night?" You ask.

"Yep." She said, throwing out her floss.

"So why am I here?" You ask again.

"It's an excuse to talk. They probably want to bring you somewhere, but they want to clear it with the whole family first. Sarah was probably asked to run an errand too. Also, it shows if you're willing to do stuff for them." Lacie says, burrowing into her covers. 

"Did you really ask for me?" You say quietly.

"Yeah. Most of the jobs are pretty bad if you wait around. Sarah is probably running out to get gas."

She reaches up and grabs her sleeping mask. She slips it over her eyes. " 'Night ____."

" 'Night Lacie."

When you head to the living room, the door is open. You walk calmly inside as if nothing happened. You sit gently next to Soul and try to look interested on their sports conversation.

Shortly after you sit down though, you get up to say goodbye to Wes. He high fives you. "Later _____."

You smile after him. "See ya' Wes."

Sarah just smiles softly and waves goodbye from the doorway.

As you all sit back down, you realize how few people are left. There's only Miania, Coran, Granny, Soul, and you.

As you settle silently into the couch, Miania looks sweetly at you. "____, We were wondering if you wanted to come to our beach house for a few weeks once school is over?"

You smile. "As long as I'm not a burden, it sounds wonderful."

Coran gives you a small smile back. "Don't worry. If you were a burden we wouldn't have offered."

Miania gave you an encouraging smile. "It gives you an opportunity to play the flute for us too!"

You look at Soul. He gives you a slight nod.

You look back to them. "Why not? Sounds good to me."

The couple smiles at you. Soul grabs your hand and squeezes it.

Later, when you stand outside Soul and Maka's apartment, Soul turns to you.

He gently grabbed you around the waist and pulled you close. He kept one hand on your waist but moved the other to brush the hair out of your eyes. "You did well tonight ____. So cool." He kissed you passionatley, then went inside to bed. But you sat there, staring up above at the skylight in the hall. The stars twinkled.

Is fate determined by stars? You couldn't help but wonder to yourself. Because I'm in a tough situation and it seems like the stars hate me.