08. Complicated Date

So, this story is half way done. This will be 15 chapter. So, yeah. It's short.

Anyways, enjoy.

08. Complicated Date

S E L E N A

I quickly grabbed my coat and keys as I walked outside and found that Serena was coming inside. I bite the inside of my cheek and once she saw me. I became even more nervous then I was before. She grabbed her bag and I couldn't move. She was now in front of me, her eyes squinted and she just stared at me.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to tell me where you are going?" I gulped and opened my mouth to speak.

"Um, I have a date" I smiled hoping she will let me go.

"Oh, sweety. You don't have a date" I stand still and stare at her.

"Um, actually I do. It's with Dylan" I answer

"The coffee boy? Ha no your not going. You have lots of things to do at home. You have chores" my mouth drops.

"I-I already did them! I did everything already. I cleaned" I tell her but her face turns serious.

"Was I asking if you cleaned? No I wasn't. Go inside and clean up Again" I flinch by the amount of rage she had in her tone

"But, I already told yo--"

A burning sensation was left on my cheek, the bruising was probably showing. I couldn't believe she just slapped me. I don't remember being so mistreated. She's hating me even more. My hands held onto my bruise cheek and I started at her appalled.

"Inside now" I quickly nodded, scampering off. I entered the kitchen and looked around. There must be something I didn't do. I looked at the oven. I could do the oven again. I went to the sink to grab the things. I bend down, opening the oven as I started cleaning. Serena heels made me realize she was in here.

"See, you didn't do everything. I have laundry after your done with this" She then left. I continued to clean up. Dylan is waiting for me. He's probably going to think I stood him up or something. I need to send him a message. I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen, getting up I turned around and automatically was cornered by a man. I gasp stepping back a little.

"Hi" I say nervous. He looks up at me and down. He was body checking me. I felt incredible unsafe and scared.

"You beautiful" I bite the inside of right cheek.

"Not your type Sir. I recommend you to step away from my sister" I know that voice anywhere. It was jess. The man chuckles and leaves. I could finally breath. Jess standing there with a smile.

"Hey Sis" I manage a smile, shaking my head as I hugged him tightly.

"He was scary!" I manage to say making him laugh

"You need to speak up sister!" I squint my eyes, not really sure about that idea. I find it really hard to speak up, especially since I don't have the voice to be rude. He laughs wrapping his arm around me until reality hit me.

Dylan.

"Hey, Jess. Um, do you think you can go to Starbucks and tell Dylan I can't go on that date with him." Jess eyes widen. I totally forgot to tell jess about my date.

"Thanks for telling me" I bite my bottom lip. Great job you made him feel bad.

"Sorry. I totally forgot. Next time I go out, you'll be the first" he nodded. He was about to say something and I new but he just remained quite.