01. Why Am I Doing This To Myself

S E L E N A

"Please take good care of her, she's my princess" Ricardo said, his eyes getting watery as he stared at his precious angel. he looked down at her, her brown eyes shinning up at him.

"We will, sir. You picked the right place to leave your daughter. We will find a home that will love her." The red headed lady said, Ricardo couldn't let his daughter go, but he knew he had to. He knew this is what his people wanted him to do. He had to prove to his people that he is worthy of being king and If that means leaving his daughter up for adoption...then, so be it.

"Can I have a moment with my daughter...alone?" Ricardo softly asked in a more demanding tone. The lady nodded, as she separated from them. Ricardo looked down at his daughter, a tear escaping his eyes because he didn't want to do this. He couldn't just abandoned his own child; his blood.

"Maria, listen to me" Ricardo said, his Spanish accent coming out as he spoke her middle name "There won't be a day that I won't regret this! I love you so much, mi Hija. Please, be kind and be true to yourself. Don't let other stomp on you and remember, remember who you are...you are my princess Selena Marie Gomez. I will find you and when I do, I'll bring you back to Wolveshire Palace. I promise, daughter of mine." Ricardo, placed a soft gentle kiss on her forehead and the lady came back with a smile. He handed her the child to the lady, with regret and sorrow.

"She will be safe, King Ricardo." The lady bowed before him, he nodded and with that he quickly left, not daring to look back. He couldn't because if he did, then he knew that he will fall to his knees and take his daughter back home; where she belongs.

"Selena!"Serena yelled, Selena groggily opened her eyes, getting the pillow and throwing it over her face. She couldn't escape that horrid sound, she was a monster, a monster to everyone that people hate. Unfortunately for Selena, Serena was her stepmother, her evil step mother as she would say.

"SELENA!" Serena yelled, once again. This time she caused Selena to get out of bed, dressing into something fairly quickly and started running downstairs like it's the last thing she will do. She stepped in front of her mother, fixing up her dress as she looked up at Serena with fright. Selena was never scared of anything but, her step mother was one thing she was terrified of.

"Why isn't mine or my kids breakfast Ready?" Selena cringed when Serena didn't mention her as her family. In fact, it hurted her badly.

"I fell asleep" Selena answered, looking up at her. Her voice was Hoarsed.

"Well, maybe you should get an alarm clock! Get to my breakfast!" Serena scowled at her, Selena put her head down nodding and she quickly walked away.

Selena hated the way her step mother treated her, in fact she had enough of it but at the end of the day, she can't do anything about it. She even asks herself on why she does this but, all she remembers is the words 'Remember who you are'. She doesn't exactly remember who said those words but, they were wise words that she can't forget. She sometimes asks herself "Why am i doing this to myself" but nothing comes to mind, she knows she was adopted but she never had a clue on how she ever became someone's puppet. She hated being this person but she never had the courage to just speak up.

Selena gathered up all the ingredients that she needed to make pancakes. She put all the ingredients in a bowl as she started to mix them together. She could hear the shouts from upstairs coming from her sister Ariel and Katherine. Those girls were her nightmares, they did everything impossible for Selena and make her life miserable. Selena sometimes wished she never existed in this world only because she never felt love, in fact she never felt or had love, she doesn't know how it looks like but she never lost hope. She believes one day, someone will love her for who she is, but she's losing hope. Hope is the only thing she has as of right now.