Chapter 7

I made my way to Starbucks just before school, since I'd woken late and hadn't had time to have any breakfast this morning. I wandered into the coffee shop and walked up to Levi, who was by the coffee machine. "Hey loser, make me some coffee," I teased over the counter to Levi, and he turned to smirk at me.

"Oh hey girlfriend", Levi remarked and I replied instantly.

"I'm not your girlfriend."

He wiggled his eyebrows. "... Not yet."

I rolled my eyes but laughed nonetheless. Maybe Anthony is right in saying that I roll my eyes way too much.

"I have a question... Why do you work here? Isn't it hard to handle work and school at the same time?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I accidentally chucked Wesley's PlayStation out of the window so I err... Kinda have to work for a few weeks to replace it."

I laughed. "Accidentally?"

"Actually, I did it to get back at him for dropping my phone into a bowl of soup, but don't tell him that," Levi whispered to me.

Levi's morning shift was soon over so we walked to school together once he had checked out. The whole of the school day was a complete drag since nothing exciting had happened (apart from an intense fight between two guys at lunch) and I was currently in my last period of the day, Theatre Studies, which I shared with Lia, Ethan and Mila.

The teacher was rambling on about a playwright project that he was assigning us. "I will be allowing you all to choose your own groups during this project. Your final projects are due in a week's time," he explained.

Lia, Ethan, Mila and I all immediately turned to look at each other and grinned, silently letting each other know that we'd be working together.

The entire class began to cheer and a jock stood on his table and began to dance. He took off his shirt and started waving it around, resulting in him getting sent to the principal. You should know that our teacher never lets us choose our groups, so this kinda reaction is pretty normal.

"So, when and where are we working on our project?" Ethan asked, turning to face Lia, Mila and I.

"We could just go straight to my house after school? Plus, we could order pizza and hang out afterwards," I suggested, already feeling excited at the thought of pizza.

"Sure" Lia grinned, and the other two nodded after a moment of thought.

The bell rang and we immediately chucked our books into our bags. "We're free!" Mila and I screamed, barging through the classroom door, with Lia and Ethan trailing behind us. Kian, Wesley and Levi were already stood outside, waiting for us.

We told the others about our plan for the evening and they all agreed, so we made our way to my house. I unlocked the front door and everyone piled into the hallway. Levi stopped at the front door, just before entering, and turned to face Anthony, who had just walked out of the kitchen with food. "You won't try to shoot me again, will you?" Levi asked my brother, who sniggered and responded with "I guess not."

Once we had all settled, Anthony and I began to give a quick tour of the house.

"Okay now shoo, we need to work," Lia chirped, kicking Anthony, Levi, Wesley and Kian out of the room. We took out our equipment and got ready to work.