Chapter 6

I had texted Levi my address, and it was almost time for him to arrive so we could begin to make our way to Starbucks.

Just as I finished fixing my hair, I heard the doorbell ring. I chucked my hairbrush across the room and bolted out of my room, shrieking "This ones for me! This ones for me!" As I sprinted down the stairs.

Sadly, Anthony beat me to the door and wretched the door open. He stared at the wide-eyed Levi in front of him for a few seconds, then slammed the door shut without saying anything.

"Hello?" Levi knocked on the door.

"We're not home." Anthony called out.

"Oh come on dude, open the door!" Levi yelled from the other side of the door.

"No! You're not dating my little sister," Anthony replied in monotone.

"This is isn't even a date," I muttered under my breath.

Anthony seemed to have gotten an idea, and ran off, only to return seconds later with our younger cousin's toy rifle, which he left at our house last week. My brother grinned at me evilly, heaved the door back open and pointed the gun at poor Levi.

Levi screamed at the sight of the rifle and began to run down the road, yelling that he was too young to die.

"Works every time," Anthony sniggered, looking pleased with himself.

I rolled my eyes and giggled before grabbing my keys and chasing after Levi, who was almost at the end of the road.

"Stop running Levi! It was only a toy gun," I huffed and bent over, out of breath.

He stopped running and I eventually caught up with him. We trudged to Starbucks, rambling along the way. The warmth of the coffee shop embraced us the moment we stepped in.

"Let's see who can order the longest drink," Levi whispered in my ear from behind, sending shivers down my spine.

We walked up to the barista to order our drinks and he immediately began to speak. "Hi, may I take your order?"

"Umm... Can I have a venti caramel frappuccino crème blend with no coffee and soy milk?" I asked.

"And I'll have the double ristretto venti half-soy nonfat decaf organic chocolate brownie iced vanilla double-shot gingerbread frappuccino extra hot with foam whipped cream upside down double blended, one sweet'n low and one nutrasweet, and ice," Levi answered smoothly, leaving my mouth agape.

Levi started to do a celebratory dance. "Winner, winner, chicken dinner." He sung, freezing mid step when he noticed me suppressing my laughter.

40 minutes had passed and we were pretty much done with our drinks.

"Oh no, I'm choking! I need mouth to mouth, quick!" Levi faked.

I rolled my eyes. "Not going to work."

"It was worth a shot," he shrugged, and I nudged him jokingly.

"Done?" Levi asked me, and I nodded. We chucked our cups in the bin and walked out.

We left Starbucks and began to walk down the path until I spotted a frail old lady struggling to carry her shopping bags on the other side of the street. Levi noticed that I stopped walking, and followed my gaze.

He grabbed my hand and we crossed the road. We approached the woman and smiled at her, and Levi began to speak. "Ma'am, would you like us to help carry your shopping?"

"I wouldn't want to be a bother, darling", she answered sweetly.

"Oh it wouldn't be a bother, we'd love to help you," I beamed.

"Thank you so much", she smiled.

Levi and I both picked up a few bags each and we helped the lady (whose name we found out to be Isla) carry her shopping home. Levi was offering to take some of my bags every five minutes and kept asking me if the bags were too heavy, or if I was tired.

We were now making our way home; despite my protests, Levi said that he wanted to walk me home to make sure that I arrived at home safely. We were currently stood in my driveway, and Anthony and Kian were watching us from my brother's bedroom window.

"So..." Levi trailed off.

"So..." I replied awkwardly.

He cracked a smile. "Today was good."

"I'm sorry I didn't get to show you around town today." I blurted, feeling bad.

"What we did today was just as nice," he grinned. "Plus, we can do that another time."

"Would you li-" I began, when I felt something hit the back of my head.

I looked up to find Kian throwing condoms at us from the window, while Anthony had tears in his eye from laughing so hard. "Here! Use these!" Kian yelled, "I'm not ready to be a godfather just yet!" And they high-fived.

March 13, 2016
01:35