Chapter Seventeen - Matt's Step-Father

Start from the beginning

        "You are aware that I am awake, correct?" Luciano asked lazily as he partially mumbled into his bicep.

         The prince turned his head just enough to look at you from the corner of his eye. You continued to trace the lines on his back as you glanced at his face for a moment before looking back to where his spine was. He gave you a small smile before turning around to lay on his back. You immediately retracted your hand from his premises, which earned you a frown from the still sleepy Luciano. He sat up and went to kiss you, but you scooted away ever so slightly. The dark auburn haired male just shook his head at you before getting up. He placed a hand behind your head to keep you from moving as he placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. You made a face of annoyance and reluctantly gave him a chaste one on his cheek in return right before he moved away. He looked at you shocked for a moment, then smiled.

        "I'm glad to see that you are warming up to me amore mio."

        You made a rather rude sound in return to show your displeasure. Luciano chuckled and walked into his master bathroom to take care of his post waking up routines. While you waited for him to come out, you walked over to the couch where you had put what you were going to wear for the night after your bath in the morning. You quickly changed, afraid that Luciano would walk in on you half dressed. Then again, he had walked in on you bathing that morning. Thank goodness it was a bubble bath though, so he really didn't see anything. You found the body mirror that hadn't seem to have left the room since the night of the engagement ball. You looked over yourself, making sure that what you picked didn't look too horrible for what ever activities you had to endure for the day.

         You had on a rather plain (f/c) three quarter sleeve baseball tee with an accent color of (s/f/c), a pain of light wash jean shorts, and a pair of black flip flops. You grabbed the brush you had also grabbed earlier that morning and ran it through you hair to rid it of any tangles. You found yourself sitting on the couch waiting for Luciano to exit the bathroom so you could go in and brush your teeth and go to the bathroom. Luciano must have sensed your need and popped his head out of the bathroom.

        "I'm going into the walk-in closet, so you can come in and do your thing. I won't come in until you're done. I promise."

         Thanking him quietly, you nearly ran into the bathroom. He laughed and walked into the closet to get dressed, shutting the door behind him to give you some privacy. You did you're thing and washed your hands before proceeding to brush your teeth. Luciano knocked on the door that separated him from you.

         "May I come in?"

         You responded with a barely audible "yes", but he still heard you thanks to his heightened hearing. You didn't bother to look at him since you could hear him approaching you. His reflection appeared as he came into the range of the mirror. He wore a dark red v-neck t-shirt, a pair of dark wash jeans, and a pair of white and red Converse. You raised an elegant brow at him.

         "What?" he asked.

         "Nothing, just, what's with the outfit?" you responded, your words being slightly muffled by your tooth brush.

        "I don't have any real duties today. It's just going to be you, me, and the caterer for the wedding."

         You spit out the tooth paste in your mouth and rinsed off your tooth brush before putting it in its holder.

        "Caterer? But don't your guys only drink blood?"

        "Ah, yes, but it's the things you can do with blood and one very talented vampire that gives need for a caterer. Besides, you're going to be there and the humans that live in that one community I told you about. I don't expect you or them to eat what the rest of us will be eating, that is unless you choose to have me turn you before then." Luciano's fangs poked out over his bottom lip as he whispered the last part into your ear, his arms around your waist.