Chapter 13: That's It, I'm Done!

Start from the beginning

Silence as James's jaw clenched and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel hard. "You do understand that Evan works for me right?"

I braced myself, settling back into my seat. "Well now that you've said it, I understand."

James smiled weakly before it disappeared. He pulled up in front of some place called Ellie's Best and then turned to me.

"Date first, information later. I don't want to ruin the night with it." I signed but nodded my head, undoing my seatbelt.

By the time I looked up, my car door was open and James hand was reached out towards me, a new bright smile on his beautiful face. I smiled back but I knew it didn't reach my eyes because I still didn’t trust him. My body remembered the pain he had caused to it and it didn't want to interact with him at all.

I resisted the urge to run the hell away and took his hand, lifting out of the car. He intertwined our fingers while he closed the car door. James didn't seem to want to let go of my hand so I allowed him to hold it as we walked inside.

The lights were dim and the tables were formatted in a circle around the perimeter of the restaurant. On the floor right now people where slow dancing to the light music playing from the speakers. James smiled at me and untangled his hand from mines.

He stepped in front of me and before I could take a step back, James dropped down to one knee. I blushed at the way people's eyes were darting over to us. I hated this type of attention! James smiled up at me and took my hand gently in his. I felt my cheeks heat up even more as I stared at him, then away towards the wall, and then back at him. Oh my god, just stop!

"May I have this dance?" James said, looking at me intently.

I nodded quickly and said "Get up."  

He rose and I let out a sign. God, that was embarrassing! Did he really have to go there? He tugged me out on the floor just as a new song came on. I knew it was called "No Air" but I couldn't remember the artist. Whatever. James wrapped a hand around my waist and intertwined our fingers, lifting them up a little.

"I don't know how to dance." I muttered as we stood there.

"I'll guide you then." James said, smiling all too much for me.

He took a step back, causing me to take a step forward, and slowly we began to rock in a circle. He kept me at a small distance, not pressed our bodies too close and not too far apart. Smart kid. If he tried anything funny, I was going to kick him in his balls so damn hard even SpongeBob would stop chanting "I'm ready" all the time.

He wouldn't be having any kids for a while if he messed with me. Slowly as we danced, James let go off our intertwined hands and put both of his hands on my back. It forced me to have to inch up and wrap my arms around his neck. Dammit. Smart motherfucker. The new position made our damn bodies press more together.

James smirked at me. Asswipe, I thought. As we turned slowly, my back facing the entrance, I felt James come to a complete stop, his hands tensing up on my back.

"What?" I asked, a nervous feeling moving around in my stomach, my heart speeding up just a little.

He grinned at me before he dipped his head down, his lips finding mines easily. Instantly, James's hands were on my cheeks, holding my face there as he kissed me hard. My hands went to his chest, trying to push him away. What was up with this dude? Forcing kisses wasn't fucking cool! That's when I got an idea. As his tongue flicked across my lips in a disgusting matter, I moved my hand across his chest. I found my target and then I twisted. Hard.

Everything happened so fast. He pushed me roughly away from him, his wide eyes and a groaning sound coming from his throat. It was like I was moving in damn slow motion as I fell down to the ground. I watched as someone moved in front of me, punching James right in the face. And then the slow motion stopped and time sped up.