Chapter 12

The One Where They Make Up

John's POV

I set the McDonalds bag on the counter. "Okay. You need to tell me what happened like... Right now." Said Peggy as she grabbed a burger and fries.

I sat down and sighed. "Okay so... You can't tell anybody this okay?" She nodded. "Okay so..."

I was watching Parks & Rec when Alex walked in, and promptly face planted on the couch. "Rough Day?" I said, pausing Netflix. "Yeah. You know what Mr. Washington said to me?"  He said sitting up. "He told me that Winter Break would do me well! What's that supposed to mean?" "Well it would..." I said.

"That was your first mistake." Said Peggy. "He's a determined dude! He won't take a break!" I gave her a dirty look. "Continue!"

"Well all I would do is stay in my dorm and study." I have him a confused look. "You know you can stay here right?" I said. "What, no I can't."

"Pfft. Commitment issues much?" Said Peggy eating her fries. "I know right? That's what I told him! Well, okay this part may have been my fault but still...."

"Okay, first of all, I don't have commitment issues, second of all, I just think that you're treating me like a little kid! You're only a year older than me!" "This isn't about that! It's about me not wanting my boyfriend to be alone for Christmas." "I need to study anyway!" He yelled angrily. My face was getting red. "Oh, of course you need to study. You have a 4.0 GPA, Alexander! You only need a 3.3! You put away your family and friends to study! It's all you do!" I said, gesturing towards his backpack full of books. "Well I'm sorry for caring about my studies!" "Maybe I don't even want you to stay!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, hoping the neighbors didn't complain. "Fine!" "Fine!" "Whatever, Jack."

Peggy almost spit out the chicken nugget she was eating. "He said that?" I nodded. "I'm going to fucking kill him! How dare he-" "Peggy it's fine, he didn't know. He just thinks that it's an annoying nickname." She was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I swear. After that I told him to get the fuck out."

"Dang." Said Peggy. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" I yelled.

Alexander's POV

"Alex?" He said, looking at me surprised. "I'm uh-I'm going to go." Said Peggy, then she ran to her room.

"Before you say anything- I just want you to know that I'm sorry and I was a di-" he suddenly hugged me. "I'm sorry." He said.

"I overreacted. I was stupid, and I shouldn't have-" "No, no. It's my fault. I shouldn't have called you that... But uh- can I stay here? They won't let me stay at the dorms and Washington said he'd let me stay at his house but-"

"Yes, of course you can. You're my boyfriend and I love you." I said smiling. "I love you too... And I was hoping you'd say that." He said, revealing a suitcase behind his back.

Mulligan's POV

I put my shirt back on. "I'll see you later Angie!" I said and she waved as I climbed out her window.

As I was walking away an old man approached me. "Aha!" He said, strutting up to me. I laughed.

"What do you want, dude?"

"You're the one that's been seeing my daughter." I froze.

"Fuuuuu-"

"Yeah, time to pay the price for the pants you unbuckled." I pulled out my wallet. Ah shit. "Uh, I have $5.60?" He laughed.

"Well then. That's okay, you don't need to pay me." I sighed in relief. "Really?"

"Yeah. But if I see you with my daughter I'll cut off your penis. And I can make that happen. I'm a millionaire. You have until Christmas to break up with her." He said, then went into his house and slammed the door, leaving me dumbfounded.

Peggy's POV

I cautiously walked out, expecting Alex and John to be throwing chairs at each other, but they were just making out in the hallway.

"Oh. I'm uh- I'm going to go now, okay?" I said awkwardly.

"See ya, love you, byeee!" Said John hurriedly, then continued to kiss Alex. I love those guys, but I'm not sticking around for that.

As I was walking I realized, even if it's cheesy and disgusting, at least John has someone. How can I even date someone if nobody knows I'm gay? I need to tell somebody... I need to tell my sisters.

I decided the easiest way would to be over text.

lil sis❤️: I need to tell you guys something very important, okay? And you CANNOT TELL ANYBODY. Especially dad.

middle sis❤️: Okay, it's not illegal right?

big sis❤️: IF YOU AND ALEX STOLE A TURTLE AGAIN I SWEAR TO GOD.

lil sis❤️: No, no. Not illegal. You may want to sit down, okay? And please don't hate me.

middle sis❤️: Okay. You're kinda scaring me.

lil sis❤️: I'm gay. Like, lesbian gay. I want to date a girl gay. Gay. That's me. I'm gay.