Chapter 7

T/w: burr is being a disgusting shit to the Schuylers and reference to a panic attack

The One Where Lafayette Has A Breakup

Angelica's POV

I sat in the girls bathroom, slumped against the wall. "You know... I date the shittiest guys." I said laughing, and Mulligan passed me the beer bottle.

"Yeah. I know. James, Charles Lee, Samuel, Thomas, Madison... George was okay... but he acted like he was the king or something! Why do you date those guys?"

"I... I don't know, really. Maybe I just think that's what I deserve..." I said, looking at my hands. "Hey." He lifted my chin up to look at him. "You're worth so much more than what you think."

I leaned in and kissed him. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, but this kiss felt different. Meaningful. I pulled away, and my heart sank when I saw his shocked expression.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that and you probably hate me and it's going to be awkward between us for the rest of my life and-" He pulled me in and kissed me.

"That was a nice way of saying shut up." I said, and we laughed harder than we should have, seeing as it's 4 AM in a girls bathroom.

Hamilton's POV

I walked into my room with John, laughing at his joke about Professor Washington, when we saw Lafayette sitting on the couch eating icecream and watching 'The Fault In Our Stars' while cutting pictures of him and Adrienne while crying.

We stood there awkwardly for a moment.

"Um... Hey, Buddy...Chum... Pal. W-What happened here?" I said, sitting next to him on the couch while John sat on the floor since there wasn't enough room.

"T-that bitch b-broke up with meeeeeee." He choked out between sobs. "Oh. W-why?" Said John. "S-she said t-that we were m-moving to fasssst." I awkwardly patted his back.

"And now I'm out of fucking icecream! I hate my life!" I looked at John awkwardly. "I'll- uh- I'll get you some icecream..." said John, and he left.

Angelica's POV

I walked down the street with Peggy and Eliza, showing Peggy around campus seeing as we never got to when Alex broke his arm.

"Hey Angie, isn't that the Burr guy?" said Peggy, pointing us towards a group of guys, and as we got closer I muttered "Shit."

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the Sexy Schuylers." said Burr walking towards us. I sighed.

"Leave us alone if you have nothing better to do but harass women." He laughed at this.

"Take a compliment sweetheart!" Yelled Jefferson. "You guys fucking disgust me." I yelled at him. "I'm a trust fund baby, you can trust me." yelled James, and I shuddered at his voice.

I looked over at Peggy, who's eyes were wide and her hands were shaking. I don't care about yelling at them anymore, I'm getting Peggy's ass out of here.

I grabbed her hand to drag her away, but she was frozen, and Burr grabbed her hand instead.

"Don't fucking touch her." I said, and Peggy was hyperventilating. Burr spoke. "Who's this? The youngest Schuyler? Whoever she is she's got an ass like-"

Peggy yanked away her hand, and then in one swift motion proceeded to punch Burr in the face. Right to the jaw. It was awesome.

"Leave me and my sisters the hell alone, douchebag." She yelled at his face while he was in a heap on the ground and then flipped him off. I was speechless, since when was little Peggy who wouldn't hurt a fly, be such... A badass?

She grabbed me and Eliza's hand and dragged us away.

After we were out of earshot I said "Peggy... That was awesome! How- wait are you crying?" I looked down and she was sobbing in her hands.

I gave Eliza a confused expression. "W-what's wrong?" Eliza said. "I shouldn't have punched him. I wasn't thinking. That was stupid, a-and reckless and... I need to apologize." Aw, Peggy. She wouldn't hurt a fly.

But then it hit me, this sounds exactly like a speech my father would give. I knew I should have been worried about her being by herself for a whole year.

She started to run back, but I grabbed her wrist. "No, you don't need to apologize..." I said. "And I think I know who can help."