Chapter Five: 310 Hours (12 Days, 22 Hours) Until Escape

Chapter 5: The Struggles and the Victories
December 31, 2016
2:00 am

Group A: Ember and Adam
Adam nods and they run toward the burning cabin when they see Andy running out.
He sees them and nods, understanding their determined looks, and runs to set up the boat.
Ember and Adam run in the burning house.

Group B: Andy, Lisa and Alexander
Andy had run out of the cabin. Lisa runs toward Alexander and starts pulling him up but he struggled greatly.
Just then Ember and Adam burst into the burning cabin.
Adam grabs the flaming log with his gloves and pulls it up while the girls pull Alexander away from the flames.
The four get out of the cabin just as the roof collapsed and caved into the cabin, sending sparks flying.
Adam carries Alexander while the girls grabbed the remaining bags that were not damaged. They ran for the boat.
Thanks to Ember, Adam and Lisa's brave efforts, the group is on the boat and streaking away from the Green Bay town and into Lake Michigan.
No choices for this chapter.

Group C: Alessandra, Cole, Rose Park
Rose Park says, "I'll go."
Alessandra argues, saying that all of them should go.
Rose Park agrees so they packed up quickly and walked toward the patio where Alessandra left her stuff.

Group D: Eiden
Eiden tells Go Eun to get help from the others.
Go Eun goes to find the others and Eiden walks toward the door when a human bursts out of the door. Eiden sees infected people coming behind him in the darkness.
To be continued....

Group E: Go Eun
Go Eun is just down the hallway down from the patio when she finds the others. She says, "Eiden is in there!" She points toward the patio.
Alessandra runs.

Group D: Eiden (pt. 2)
"Get out kid." Get out while you can." Eiden looks at the man when Alessandra comes bursting in.
"Eiden! There you are! We have to get out!"
Eiden is not sure what to do.
For infinitywordlover only
A) Listen to Alessandra and run for it
B) Stay and fight
C) Tell Alessandra to run
D) Don't do anything

Group F: Gracie
She watches the last of her friends, her comrades get infected.
That's when she sees the girl in a nearby yard.
She yells, "Hey!"

Group G: Peyton
Peyton turns to run back in when she hears a voice and sees a girl, holding a gun and wearing a bulletproof jacket. The girl comes to her and asks, "Are you alone?" Peyton shakes her head, "Come on!"
They enter the house.

Group H: Daren
Daren decides to find the others and finds only Hollie.
That's when she screams and much to Daren's shock, when an infected hand comes breaking through the front door.

Group I: Aurora, Kathy and Gloria
Aurora gasps when Peyton and a girl comes into the room. The girl introduces herself as a girl named Gracie Rei.
That's when a scream comes from the other side of the house.
Gracie pulls out her gun and runs out toward the scream.
Peyton kicks a window out of the frame and tells them that she and Gracie had a plan.
The four run out by escaping through the window toward a jeep that could carry twelve.

Group J: Hollie and Daren
The hand grasps the air. A bang of a gun echoes as a bullet hits the infected through the gap they had made.
A girl pulls down the gun and she breaks through the door.
"Let's go!"
The girl waves at them and runs out.
Daren and Hollie follow her to the others, infected people walking toward them.
Daren and Hollie hop into the back and Gracie puts a key into the ignition and the group drives away from the city, now safe.
Aurora and her group, with Gracie and her large jeep continues south. They are safe, for now.