Chapter 23

James

We walked over to that door. Winter grabbed the handle and slowly opened it. I looked inside.

Wasn't much like a library.

More like a school.

There was a bunch of people our age, walking around with backpacks, talking with each other, some people doing magic tricks with flames, snow that comes out of nowhere, water rings. We walked in, and Alex slammed the door. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at us. I swallowed hard.

"Alex? Winter? Is that you?" One guy asked as he walked up to us. He went in front of Winter and looked down at her. She smiled at him. He smiled back. "Winter it is you." He sighed. He grabbed the sides of her face and kissed her. I looked at Alex.

"Hey now, take it easy on her." Alex said as the guy stopped kissing her. He turned to Alex and grabbed his hand. "Alexander Meg I never thought I'd see you again buddy." They hugged. Then, the guy looked at me. "And who are you?"

"This is James Green, he's new to the country." Winter lied, but I nodded. "James, this is Shawn." We shook hands.

"Funny." Shawn said. "You don't look like a Wizard."

"He's a fire wizard, he just figured out that he is. We're here to teach him." Alex replied. Shawn nodded.

"Cool. I'm a nature Wizard." I nodded. "Oh," Shawn turned to Winter. "There's something behind your ear." He put his hand behind her ear, and pulled out a beautiful rose. She started to blush.

"Shawn, that's adorable." She took the flower and smelled it. Shawn smiled.

"Not as adorable as you." I rolled my eyes and turned my head.

"Anyway." Alex said, interrupting them. "Is Mr. Jacobs here? We need to talk to him." Shawn nodded.

"Yeah. He's at the Library, like he always is." Alex nodded.

"Thank you." Alex turned to us. "Come on, let's get going."