Chapter 2

James

I ran inside the house. Dad was gone because of work. I ran through out the house trying to find my car keys and my cell phone. "James!" I heard Cj scream from the lawn.

"I'm comin' Cj! Hold on!" I screamed back. I ran into the kitchen and found my keys and my cell phone on the counter. I sprinted through the house and out the door. I went over to Cj and picked up her crippled body.

Who could have done this?

I walked over to my black pick-up truck with Cj in both my arms. Her chest was bleeding and she was barely breathing.

"Hey, Cj. Do me a favor." I said softly.

"Wha..." Her voice is drifting slowly. I nodded.

"Keep breathin' for me, okay?" I demanded. Cj kept on doing heavy breaths.

"But..." She paused, shutting her eyes tight. "It hurts." She complained.

"I know it's gonna hurt but I'm tellin' you to keep breathin'." I demanded. "And what ever you do, don't go to sleep." Cj said nothing. I finally got to the car and opened the back seat door.

I climbed in and gently put Cj inside on her back, lying across the seat. I climbed back out and closed the door. I ran over to the drivers door and swung it open. I jumped in and slammed it. I started the car up, and I took off.

I started to dial Dads work number into my phone. I could hear Cj moaning and short breathing taking place in the back.

"Take it easy, Cj. We're almost there." I said. I put my phone up to my ear, praying to God that Dad would answer.

"Hello?" I heard Dad's tough voice come on the line. I sighed, but still in a panic at the same time.

"Dad? Dad it's me, James." I practically yelled in the phone.

"Oh, hi James. What's up?" He asked slowly.

"Meet me at the hospital." I demanded. There was a pause.

A long pause.

"Why? What the hell did you do this time?" Dad asked roughly. I shook my head.

"I did nothin'! Cj got shot!" I yelled. Another pause.

"Shit. I'll be done there. Bye." Dad said quickly. I put my phone down and looked back at Cj.

"You'll be alright, I promise."