Chapter 27: The Cursed Blade

After Vath defeated Blaze and Marina, our heroes stood there petrified as Vath dissipated into a cloud of black smoke. Logan, swore revenge on Vath but they were interrupted by Rake who was about to give them their share of the story. Kaiser, went to pay Vath a visit.

Kaiser's POV:

I appeared in his hideout, a fortress with wheels. I finished off the guards and went into a pitch black room. The only thing you could see was a redwood desk, and a dark red chair facing away from the entrance.

Vath: Kaiser. I am not pleased with your behaviour.

Kaiser: And who the hell are you to tell me what to do?!? What you just did cannot be forgiven!!!

Vath turns around and stands up.

Vath: Sure. You are not forgetting that as long as he isn't here I am the strongest correct?

Kaiser: We will see.

Rake's POV:

Everyone: Rake!

Rake: Guys, this is no time to celebrate. Vath is becoming stronger as we speak.

Logan: He...he killed...

Rake: Yes... and they won't come back...

Terra: It can't be!!!

Mifune: It certainly can... That blade, is called Nightmare. Actually, my old guild forged it itself.

Logan: Mifune...

*Flashback*

Guildmaster: We have been tasked on creating a blade which is capable of banning hackers from NLO!!!

Guild members: YEAAAAAH!!!

Guildmaster: This is why, I grant the creation of this sword to Mifune.

Mifune: It will be an honor Master.

The days passed, and Mifune gathered the best of metals. Once the normal sword was forged, Mifune used magic to make it a living weapon. But there was a catch. To be able to seal players, the game dev who gave Mifune's guild the task of forging the blade corrupted it with evil and malice. Hence, getting the name Nightmare.

Now that the blade was forged, they only needed a wielder. Back then, the circle had just gone apart. And the game dev, searched for someone capable of wielding the blade.

First he went to the strongest member, but he refused. He knew that such power would bring chaos.

Then, the game dev went to Vath. He had become a shadow of what he had been. He was not the strongest, and would never be. This eventually caused him to go insane, and therefore accepted the power that his superior did not...

After that, his hair became White, and his eyes red of all the bloodshed he had caused. He himself became a Nightmare.

*Flashback ends*

Mifune: That is not Vath, he is only a mere shell of what he originally was.

Rake: And now, I am afraid he has assembled a group of 12 talented warriors. And they are marching here to take the city, no king can go near him because he uses a lost magic which will zap our power, so I must ask of you...

Mifune: I'll go. It is my duty.

Terra: I'll go!

Exalos: And I'll go too!

Voltz: Count me in!

Arielle: I'll help too!

Oboro: I shall go with the shadows.

Logan: And I'll go too.

Rake: No. Logan, I have a special task for you.

Logan: Everyone go, I'm listening.

Everyone went to get ready for battle while Logan was sent on a special mission.

Meanwhile, in Vath's hideout...

Kaiser: OVERHEAD SLASH!!!

Vath dodged the attack and pushed Kaiser back.

Vath: Kaiser, I do not want to battle you.

Kaiser: RED AND WHITE DRAGON EMPEROR UNISON WRATH!!!

Ddraig: Boost!

Albion: Divide!

Vath: You have ticked off my nerves. GLADIUS OF THE EARTH DRAGON!!!

Kaiser: Dragon slayer magic! ACK!!!

kaiser was hit by the emerging gladius and was sent flying into a wall.

Vath: I am Vath, the slayer. I have studied all the slaying arts in this world. EARTH CAGE!!!

Kaiser: Crap!

Vath: THUNDER LANDING!!!

Kaiser: King slayer magic!!!

BAAAAAAM!!!!

A huge orb of golden energy crashed down on Kaiser.

Vath: This magic is rather special against you...kings. Attacks which actually hit the target absorb some of their power, of course you dodged it in time...

Kaiser: SMOKESCREEN!!!

Vath: How amusing.

Kaiser: LIGHT SPEED ESCAPE!!!

Vath: DEFOG!!!

the fog cleared away and Kaiser was able to escape in time

Vath: Huh, you flee from battle? Coward. I thought better of a member of the circle.

Will our heroes ever survive the wrath of nightmare? What was Logan's secret mission? Tune in for the second chapter of NLO: Rise of a New Empire!

PS: Vath before wielding nightmare

Question time! (Answer in the comments section)

What character/s of Fairy Tail is related to Logan?

beatcr, you can't answer this one ;)