Chapter Five: The Goodbyes

The time had come to leave green leaf village. After the incident with the bandits, We all went to the nearest bar and got some drinks, my treat. It came as no surprise that some of Handy's troops thought of me as a monster, I did get a little excited while killing those bandits. But nevertheless, we all had to say our goodbyes. I have to admit, Logan and Handy's made me drop a tear or two, but that is just how it goes. I really hope Handy and Logan see each other again in my guild.

Handy: Bye guys! Don't forget to write!

Logan: You bet Handy!

Soldiers: Bye!!!!

Logan and I walked together. Once we went far enough from the village, I asked some questions to get to know him better. Turns out he doesn't have a monster soul yet.

Logan: Well what now?

Rake: We go get you a soul stone.

Logan: Is that what allows you to transform and gain new powers?

Rake: In a sense, yes. But there are more than a dozen ways to use soul stones. My friend kaiser showed me that.

Logan: Are you serious? More than a dozen?

Rake: Yes. Impressive right?

Logan: Yeah!

Rake: So, I suppose you want an ice monster soul right?

Logan: There are elemental soul stones?!? I would love an ice one!

Rake: I see you have much to learn. Now, what I'm about to show you is top secret. It is a new way to use them. Are you ready?

Logan: Yes!!

Rake grabs a yellow soul gem from under his cloak

Rake: Griffin's summoning!

Rake threw the soul stone at the ground and thunder fell from the skies. The soul stone suddenly turned into a giant griffin.

Logan: Wow!! How did you do that!!

Rake: I told you there were more ways to use soul gems. Now hop onto the griffin. let's go!

Logan: To the Icy mountains!

Rake: What? No.

Logan: but it's the only biome with ice in NLO.

Rake: Hahaha! Don't make me laugh. I'm a collector remember? Just follow my lead!!

Logan: Ok sir.

Logan's POV:

Whats up with this guy. Does he know more than the 13 gods? Handy did say he was a treasure hunter. He also mentioned him when the snowy mountains were discovered. Could it be that Mr. Rake has explored lands beyond the icy fields?

I hopped into my griffin and went flying behind Mr. Rake. It was easy to see he was holding back, but we were both going very fast.

Soon, I started to feel a slight chill through my spine

Rake: There! We have arrived at the snowy grotto biome. Time to land!

Logan: Snowy grotto?

Rake: Yes! It's one of the many biomes. The thing is, this one has a special boss.

When we both landed, I saw how Mr. Rake attached a note to the griffins leg and whispered something in his ear. The griffin flew away immediately.

Logan: Who are you writing to?

Rake: Just a friend. Now, lets kill a boss.

We walked for half an hour. This
Biome was amazing. Ruins could be found everywhere, and broken pillars could be seen buried in the snow. Not to mention we were in the middle of a canyon! NLO can be so cool at times.