Chapter nine: The Angel Caster

Logan's POV: After that day, Mr. Rake gave us all some leads on where to find our assigned players. Mine likes to gamble. She uses her holy magic to create illusions. I am about to enter a hidden casino in the order of light city. Adonis told me he felt an abnormal amount of holy magic in this place. I have been training endlessly these couple days. I also got a marking! Just like Mr. Rake! This one gives me the Demon Slaying mastery. It was expensive, but worth it.

*Doors open*

I just went in. Literally everyone's eyes are pointing at my direction. I need to find Arielle.

Adonis: Logan, to your left! Sit down on the table.

Logan: Ok.

Unknown voice: My oh my! Do we have a challenger?

Logan: Yes.

Unknown voice: Well then, let's get this started!

Adonis: Logan! Call her name!

Logan: Arielle.

Arielle: My oh my. So you did find me after all. I guess I can't hide forever. But still, I will not go back.

Adonis: Stay cold, just as we practiced.

Logan: Let me give you an offer, If you win, you stay. If you don't, you come with me.

Arielle: I accept.

The dealer gave both Arielle and I a pair of cards. Apparently we are playing a game called blackjack.

Dealer: Do you want any more cards?

Arielle just raised her cards, now is my chance!

Arielle: No. Prepare to lose kid!

*Slash*

Arielle: Huh!!!

Heh, I got her cold as ice...

Arielle: YOU CUT MY CARDS YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!

Logan: Yes. And I will cut you in half if you don't come with me. You didn't win, but didn't lose either. Now come, Mr. Rake is waiting.

Arielle: DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?!?

Logan: Yes. A gambler who apparently has never lost before. As I told you, you did not win. But you didn't lose. Now follow me and don't make me reveal your little secret angel caster.

I can't believe it! It worked! Adonis, you are the best!

Adonis: Don't worry about it kiddo. Now, the guild is waiting.

Logan: Yes!

What will happen next? Will everyone be able to recruit their members? Stay tuned for the next chapter of... New Life Online: Rise of a New Empire!!

Ps: Arielle using her monster wrath.