Chapter six: A new encounter

Logan and I have been training for a while. He is now able to create anything from ice. He calls it: Icy creation. Even though a normal player would be able to do it, his monster soul allows him to create animated objects instead of only inanimate ones. Now our objective Hearth Fire city, because it is the closest place to go. Oh look, Logan is finally online!

Logan: Hello there Mr. Rake! Is that a sword?

Rake: Yeah! I think I'm gonna let my monster souls rest for a while. It's name is Ragnarok.

Amethyst: Liar.

Amadeus: Amethyst! He knows what he's doing.

Ragnarok is a short, broad, slightly curved blade made with a red alloy of the strongest metals in the game, wrapped in extremely rare, Red and Black colored dragon leather.

One sharp edge makes this a perfect weapon to block attacks strike back.

The blade has a spiked, round cross-guard, And a thick black handle decorated with more precious gems.

The blade itself is bare. No markings, no decorations and no engravings, but the blade will surely be decorated in combat.

At least that is what the description says.

Logan: Wow, It looks really cool!

Rake: Maybe we can get you a sword!

Logan: Don't worry Mr. Rake, I can make my own. Now, where do we go?

Rake: We are going to Hearth Fire city. Since it is the closest city to our current location. I really want to explore with you, but flying everywhere makes things faster,
Plus, it slows down your training. I know you are a decent player now but until we all find a way to fly by ourselves, we will walk together. Understand?

Logan: Ok.

Logan's POV:

We started to walk to hearth fire city. Some ogres tried to block our way but I finished them off. Soon, we arrived.

Logan: Mr. Rake, who are we looking for exactly?

Rake: Well, If you find anyone interesting bring them to me. I'll tell you if they can come into the guild or not.

Logan: Got it!

I went running through the streets. Left, Right, another Left, I don't know where I am, but I'll keep on looking.

Suddenly, I saw her.

Deep blue, long wavy hair neatly combed to reveal a charming face. Aquamarine eyes just gazing into the skies. A turquoise trident tattoo is displayed just above the right side of her left eyebrow.

She wore light armor and had a plain white rapier.

Adonis: Logan I can sense her aura. She is by far stronger than anyone we have seen in this city. Let's take her to Rake!

Logan: You got it!

*The girl looks at Logan*

Logan: Uhh, Hey there!

Adonis: Are you serious?

Logan: Shut up Adonis.

Girl: Yes?

Logan: I am currently looking for players to join a really good guild. Would you like to meet the guild leader?

Girl: Sure!

Logan: My name is Logan by the way.

Marina: Mine is Marina, nice to meet you.

Rake's POV:

Logan has left me waiting for quite a while now. Where could he possibly be?

Logan: Mr. Rake! I found her!

Rake: What?!?

Marina: Hello there! Missed me?

Logan: Do you know each other?

Rake: I'm afraid so. You see, we were both part of a little group. That's all...

Marina: Oh, I'm sorry, but I believe you missed the parts in which we would explore ruins together, Prank Voltz, ...

Rake: Enough is enough Marina.

Marina: Ok ok.

Rake: So, what brings you here?

Marina: I came to join your guild silly!

Rake: What! How did you know?

Marina: We all knew it was just a matter of time before you made your move.

Rake: Are you serious?!?

Marina: Yes!! But don't think I'll go without a fight.

Rake: I figured as much.

I turned around to Logan and saw his confused face. He deserves an explanation, but that will come later. Now, I'll try out the sword Kaiser gave me.

Logan's POV:

Marina, Mr. Rake and I went out of Hearth Fire City. We walked for about 20 minutes and decided to do the duel in the plains. Mr. Rake made four blades fall from the sky and used chains to create a small squared arena. I thought he would not use his monster souls.

Rake: Are you ready Hydra?

Marina: Only if you are Treasure Hunter.

Marina pulled out her rapier and Mr. Rake pulled out his sword.

Logan: Fight!

Marina: Get ready for...Ack!

*Slash*

Only ten seconds have passed and Marina has just fallen to the floor!

Marina: Impossible!! I can't believe you have become this powerful!!

Rake: ... Your skills are... rusty. You have died a couple times. Did you try to kill bosses by yourself?

Marina: OH SHUT UP!!!!

Nine Headed Hydra's Wrath!!!! Weapons wrath!!!! Pearl unison!!!!

Rake: A unison wrath? Marina, It solves nothing.

Marina used a unison wrath! She combined her swords wrath with her monster soul!!

She now wears a bright blue armor covered in white ornaments. Her eyes are yellow and has pearl white hair! Fins just sprouted from her elbows and the back of her knees... Ugh, I hope she doesn't smell like fish.

Marina: Now you'll see what I am capable of! Water Burst!!!!

Water began to burst out of Marina's back! It was like Mr. Rake's holy impulse!

Marina: Piercing thrust!!

Oh no! If mr. Rake is hit by that attack it will cause some damage!

*BAM*

Huh?!? Mr. Rake dodged the attack just in time to bash Marina's face into the ground!!!

*Click*

Mr. Rake just... Sheathed his sword?!?!

Logan: What are you doing?!?

Rake: Logan, I want you to fight Marina. She is no normal player. It will be good training.

Marina: How! How did you get so strong?!?

Rake: This sword, It's really special. Now! Logan! Show her what a member of my guild can do!

Logan: Yes sir!

Who will win? What secrets does Ragnarok hide? Don't forget to tune in for the next chapter of New Life Online: Rise of a new Empire!

PS: That is a picture of a blacksmith's shop in Hearth Fire city.