Chapter Forty One: My Queen

Sketch:

"Wow! Look at those trees! They're so big! Orion I see the dome! It's huge!!" I shouted, my nose pressed up against the cool glass, as my breath fanned the window in misty pants.

"I know little one, we'll be there shortly." he said just glancing up briefly to look at me before looking back down at his papers.

"What's it like?" I asked curiously, referring to the dome and what it looks like inside.

"It's very big and lively. The palace is large, but the ruler I left in charge isn't doing too great so I'll have some cleaning up to do,"

"I see, so you're gonna hurt him?" I asked.

"No, but I'll replace him with Xanthe. You see this is the second biggest dome, and the only other person I can trust is Xanthe. However, the biggest dome isn't far from here either, and I rule that one over there. I have about one hundred to maintain and control. About ten are manufacturing and farms for the humans food."

"Where is Xanthe?" I asked wondering if they left around the same time we did.

I heard that Sam was caught somehow and Xanthe locked them both in his room for a while. Orion just shrugged so I turned back to the window to look at the pretty trees and sky. My fingers danced along the glass, drawing a heart into the fogged up space from my breath. I smiled back at Orion who was writing something down before taking my pinky and drawing an O and a S in the middle. I smiled at it, looking back to see if he was watching.

"Sam and Xanthe are working some things out before they come."

He smiled at me, motioning for me to come close to him. I walked over and climbed into his lap, till I was practically nose and nose to him.

"You're so precious." he whispered, brushing my hair with his fingers. I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pecking his lips before climbing down and running back over to the window.

Eren was sleeping in the other car, but I wish he would see how amazing this was. I looked over the trees and forests, frowning to myself.

"Where are you taking my friends?" I asked.

"To a safe place, I promise Sketch we're protecting them," I nodded, tracing my fingers down the window.

I wonder if they really will be safe.

We had stopped between the dome and the inside. Orion had to talk to a lot of people but before I knew it we were inside the dome. And the sight took my breath away. It was cloudy outside with some sunlight seeping on the inside. The streets were crowded, with shops everywhere. Humans, all human and I was practically glued to window wanting to know if they were okay.

They looked fine, and most were smiling or laughing as they bought stuff or crossed the street. I could see a pregnant lady walk into a furniture store, or a young girl and her parents buy some candy.

It was weird, lots of people were smiling while others were frowning. It was a bunch of mixed expressions, from sad to happy.

I wanted to go outside and be with other contact. It looked cold and a soft snow was falling down. I didn't know how that was possible since it was spring time.

The train came to a stop and I smiled rushing over to Orion who was talking to someone. I tugged at his shirt and he looked down, picking me up in his arms.

"Let's get you dressed into something warm, okay?" he asked and I nodded.

I nodded, letting him carry me into the other room. He dressed me in a warm coat and a scarf and gloves. The boots he put on my feet were warm and he made sure I had a hat on my head before we stepped outside.