Chapter Twenty Two: The Escapee and His Brother

Sketch:

What actually woke me up, was the smell of smoke. I felt warm and secured in Orion's arms. But something was burning, I didn't know what it was but it smelled. I sat up, peeling myself from Orion, who wasn't really concerned on the smell.

I stood up, walking over to the window, but what scared me was the smoke coming from the forest. What scared me was the red flame that consumed the forest, but what made it worse was the smoke was over the clearing.

Sam.

Oh god he must be in trouble, something was terribly wrong. I know it, there wouldn't be smoke coming from there if nothing was wrong.

I had to go back. I had to help Sammy, but the real question was how. How could I go help him? The doors were locked and the vent was closed shut with bars. I had the window, but the drop was far if I slipped.

Orion had joined me not a moment later, hugging me from behind.

But I didn't want to leave Orion, I really liked him. Oh I know! I can come back and he won't ever notice.

He removed his arms once he saw the fire.

"I'll be right back, baby. I'll get Erin to come in early, okay?"

I nodded, this was the perfect opportunity. I could sneak out without him knowing! He got dressed very quickly, and I watched him, sitting down on the window slot. He kissed the top of my head before leaving, hearing the door click behind him. I turned back to the window and slid my fingers under to plastic and pushed up. The screen screeched when I popped it open, then it fell the long way down hitting a bush.

I jumped on top of it, before sliding down the wall, using the grooves in the wall to get down. It didn't take long but I was scared of falling. The smell was stronger out here, a lot stronger and I know it wasn't a small fire.

I shimmed my way down, until I reached a bush. I dropped down but that's when I heard the guards talking. That's when I heard Orion speaking to Xanthe.

"Go check out what's happened, and if the humans are being attacked, help them." Orion said.

Orion cared about what happened to them? Now I felt even worse about leaving. But still, I had to make sure Sam was okay.

"Your Majesty!" Some guard came running at him, so I sank further into the vines where they couldn't see me.

Xanthe bowed before sprinting off into the forest where I had to be.

"What?" Orion snapped.

"Sketch is not in the room anymore! He had climbed down the window."

Orion in the next second looked like another beast. He looked furious, and I didn't want him to find me. He turned around and started walking towards me. That's when I started to panick.

I just need to find Sam, I just have to help him. He was going to find me no matter how far I tried to hide in the vines. So I did something really stupid.

I ran for it.

He grabbed my hair, yanking on it, so I wouldn't move. Is this where he would kill me? Suck me dry? He said he would rip open my neck.The tears in my eyes could not of been stopped, I was scared.

I never even got to say goodbye to Sam. Tell him how much I loved him.

"WHO IS SAM?" He bellowed, making me shrink back in fear.

Did I say that out loud? Or can vampires read minds?

"WHO IS SAM?" He repeated, but this time he was angrier.

He yanked harder on my hair, but all I could do was cry out as my vision started to fade.

In omg fast motion, Orion dug his rigid teeth into the side of my neck roughly.

"M-my brother!" I whispered.

I felt him lessen his grip on my hair, but it was too late, I was already losing consciousness.

-----

My stomach was on something soft, the smell telling me I was back in Orion's room.

Voices were talking loud, and a sudden pain hit my neck like a knife stabbing me. I moved, crying out, but two hands had landed on my waist, holding me down.

Was I dying? Was he sucking me dry? I started to cry, even if I didn't want to admit it. But you can't blame me, he was hurting me, and let me tell you it hurt a lot. The pain stopped and I heard a lot more voices, some yelling but I took that time to get off the bed.

I heard some commotion as I got into two feet. Two hands grabbed me from behind and pulled me back to a warm chest.

"If you ever try to escape again, I won't hesitate to kill your brother." he whispered, but I didn't move. I was scared of that, would he really hurt him? Would he kill the only family I had left. If he decided to hurt him, he could. He could snap his neck in a second. I didn't want that, I didn't want to make him mad.

"I j-just want-ed to see my b-rother." I whispered, but I know he heard me. He nuzzled my neck with his face, but that had stricken fear inside me. Would he bite me? Would he rip my throat open? I tensed, but didn't move, it was best if I stayed on his good side.

I just wanted to see Sam, save him from the fire that had happened. I just wanted to help him, but now I couldn't. I would now be forever confined to the castle, until the day he decided to kill me. I really wish he wouldn't, I wish he wasn't so mean.

My head hurt a lot, and I didn't feel good either, but I didn't say anything. I didn't want to say anything, who knows what he would do.

I heard the door open and his arms around me disappeared. But I was thankful for that. I looked up and saw my brother. I wasn't imagining it either, he had a soft smile on his face. I wanted to cry, he was here! He ran over to me and picked me up, hugging me close to his chest. I dug my face into his neck and let it all out.

I missed him alot, and my tears showed that. He smelled nice too, but he always did. He kept kissing my head andI loved it. He was telling me everything would be okay, but I knew it wasn't. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to be with Sam again, I wanted him to hold me like he used to.

I wanted to be back in the clearing, and I thought I would never say that. I wanted to see Riley, and Gracie, even Conner! I wanted to see everyone again, especially Sparky. I wanted to see my grandma, my mom, and Dad! I wanted to go back to my little house in the countryside and be with them again. I didn't want to be strong anymore, like Sam always told me to be! I wish this never happened in the first place!

"I want to go home." I cried but I knew we couldn't. I knew we could never leave this place. I pulled back and noticing something was on his neck. It was a symbol, it had  a heart in the middle with one on top of it upside down, with swirls around it. I couldn't really describe it that well but it looked cool, since it stretched across half his neck. 

"I know Sketch, I do too."

Orion had come back and pulled us apart, but I didn't go without a fight, and he didn't either. I was screaming and kicking, trying to get back in Sam's arms. But Xanthe had pulled him away, but he wasn't winning either.

"Sammy!" I tried to kick the monster but he avoided it, throwing me on the bed. I just wanted my brother, I just wanted to spend a little more time with him.

I backed up against the headboard, bringing my knees to my chest. I put my head down to my knees and let my tears fall. He had come to my side to hold me, but I didn't want him to. I wanted Sam but his warm arms were nice. He pulled me into his lap, and turned me so I was facing him.

He kissed the side of my head, but I didn't want him to. I didn't want him to be next to me. Not even when he gave me Mr. Bear, I just couldn't stop crying. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake the feeling that was pounding on top of me.

I just wanted Sammy.