Chapter 11: Missing

The weeks went by way too slow. It was only Wednesday on the second week and I had nothing to do. The laundry was done, the house was clean and I had already stocked up on food. I headed downstairs already dressed and out some music on. I lounged around in the living room for a bit, waiting for Mrs Marleen. She was the only wolf in the pack that was still treating me like Alpha. She bowed whenever she saw me, and always answered me with 'of course Ma'am' 'yes Ma'am' and 'anything you need Ma'am.' It was really awkward. I looked out the window to check the weather, it was sunny, as usual and I started to wonder what my parents were doing. Probably having more than me.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I freaked out and growled, as to tell who ever it was to back off. They didn't. I whipped round and grabbed whoever it was by the arm. Of course it was just Gemma mucking around, but I was too worried about intruders to take chances.

"Woah! Chill out, it's just me." Gem exclaimed, worry plastering her face.

"I'm so sorry, just worried about things." I smiled weakly.

Just as Gem was about to answer, the home phone went off. I plodded over and picked it up.

"Hello, Alpha house hold, who's speaking please?"

"Miss Alpha, I mean Jo, we have movement." A very flustered male voice was on the other end."
"Who is this?" I recognised the voice, but couldn't put a name to a voice.

"Mr Marleen, I was on night patrol last night."

"Oh! Hello, sir. Well, please give me all the information and I will call an emergency meeting." I said, trying to keep it calm.

"Well, the pack had started packing up their gear, and started to move closer to the border." His voice was panicked.

"It's ok, Mr Marleen. Please calm down. We will have three people on patrol at once, and everyone on standby. If there is any movement, please contact me ASAP." I replied, business like to keep him calm. "Who is on patrol today?"

"Mrs Hamper." He replied, calming slightly.

"Ok, give her my mobile number and send Mrs Dean and Mr Carlington with her, I do not want anyone going on patrol on their own until this sorted." This was a big deal, and I was boss.

"Yes Ma'am." He replied and put down the phone.

Just then Mrs Marleen pulled up outside. We climbed in the back and we all sat silently for a while.

"Tammy." I said, "We are going on night parole tonight with Toby." I ordered.

"Ok, sounds good to me."

"Mrs Marleen?"

"Yes Ma'am?"

"I need you to gather everyone for an emergency meeting tonight, and will you watch Gem for me?"

"Of course Ma'am. I will get right on it."

"Thankyou." Today was going to be so stressful.

We went the rest of the way in silence. I was super worried, I could feel a fight on our hands, and I would have to lead it. Wasn't it enough that I had school, Gem, the pack and the house to deal with? I was so done with this.

I got into school and I could feel I eye lids turning into lumps of lead, my body felt like it was made out of pure iron it was so heavy. I walked to maths and sat down. Tammy looked at me concerned.

"Are you ok, you look horrific." She whispered.

"Well, thanks Tam. I don't know, it might be the fact that I have a pack of forty wolves trying to cross our borders, oh geez it might even be the fact I have to look after my pack, my twelve-year old sister, my house, myself and keep up with classes, all at the same damn time." I hissed.