Chapter 3: Pack problems

We all gathered around the fire, Tammy came to sit next to me with a concerned look on her face, and her dad was looking at her and was extremely angry. My dad was also looking at her, and didn't seemed impressed and I immediately what was wrong. This was about lunch time with Selena.

"Ok, welcome to the meeting just to start off I would just like to remind everyone needs to keep themselves calm in the outside world to make sure they don't reveal our secrets." He glared at Tammy and she blushed.

"But anyway, our latest parole shows that there is a pack settling about half a mile outside the border so we need to keep an eye on that. Tonight's watch will be Tammy and Johanna, is that ok girls?"

We looked at each other and nodded. When my dad asked if it was ok with you, he didn't mean it, you were going to do it no questions asked. But whenever one or two of our gang's members was on watch, the whole gang was on watch. So tonight would be Gems first watch with us which should be fun for her. Paroles were the times we had fun together as wolves.

After the meeting, we all sat down with my home made curry and we discussed a rendezvous for tonight's parole. Toby suggested the old birch tree at the west side of the border. Darcy suggested the mini mart near school. Tammy said we should meet in the cow field on the north perimeter. I decided it would be best to go with Tammy's idea since the other wolf pack were.

Everyone left around nine o'clock except Tammy, I got into some warmer clothes that were suitable for walking in the streets. My dad packed us the left overs and we headed off. Me, Tammy and Gem headed for the north cow field to meet with the others. The field was about a mile walk from the house but it was dark now so we could cheat. We stood in the front yard and concentrated really hard on something that made us angry. All I had to imagine was that nasty brat Mandy Jenkins. I felt the vein on my neck bulge and the blood rush to my head. Then the transformation started. I felt pins and needles everywhere and then I felt nothing. I looked around and we'd all transformed. I was the biggest wolf, and my fur was pitch black and I had yellow eyes. Tammy was obviously bigger than Gemma, she had dark grey fur and brown eyes. Gem was the smallest and she had reddish fur ad grey eyes. We headed north and now that we were faster it took us around fifteen minutes to get to the destination.

When we arrived at the field Darcy was stood in the middle of the field staring at the moon. I howled to her and her head snapped around. Her fur was light grey almost white and her eyes were amber. She barked back and lopped over. Tonight was going to be fun, we would patrol this north border for about half an hour and then we would play. We were all mucking around chasing each other and play fighting when Toby appeared. He was a shade of grey between me and Tammy, with black eyes. We went to the line of trees that marked our borders. I could see the camp in the distance, they looked like a big pack, there were a lot of adults and teens our age, only a few cubs around Gems age. They didn't look like a threat, but like my dad said, we needed to keep an eye on it. We hid behind some bushes; we lay down as close to the ground so no one could see us. But I decided to get a closer look. Now I knew I wasn't allowed to cross the border, but I could say to the other pack that I had been looking for my sister, and I was heading back across the border. I transformed back to my human form and looked at them.

"Gem and I will go over and check it out." I said and Gem immediately turned human, excitement in her eyes.

Toby transformed back as well.

"We can go as a family, I will be the brother, you be the sister and Gems the younger sibling who wandered past the border and we simply went to find her." He looked at us both and started towards the entrance of the forest.