Chapter 1: First day

"Wake up sleepy head!"
I half opened my eyes, to have them burned by the bright main light. My little sister was grinning like a Cheshire cat, then I remembered, it was her first day of high school. I stretched my arms up an grabbed her in a bear hug. She giggled and pushed me away.
"What time is it?" I yawned while reaching for my clock.
"It's seven o'clock," Gem smiled "We have an hour and a half 'till school starts!"
I groaned and rolled out of bed, I pulled on my trousers and headed downstairs.
"Let's get some breakfast down you." I called over my shoulder to Gem.
I gathered the bread and butter and made us both some toast, the meal was very quiet. Half way through our silent meal, Mum came down, she was dressed for work at the vets. My mum was average height for a thirty two year old, she was tanned but not too dark. Her grey eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm for the day.
"You look after Gemma today, Johanna, ok?" She looked at me very seriously.
"I will, don't worry, she can hang with me and the girls." I winked at Gem and she smiled.
"Good, well I'll see you both later, oh and remember to tell Tammy and Darcy there's a pack gathering tonight." She kissed us both on the fore head and left for work.

Gem and I walked upstairs to get dressed. I walked into my wolf filled bedroom, I had a grey wolf bedspread with black furniture, wolf posters on my walls and wolf drawings from when I was thirteen and did them as a project. I went over to my wardrobe and picked out my clothes, my black leggings and white top with a wolf head on it. If you're wondering why I love wolves so much, it is because I am one, confused? Well me and a few of my friends (Toby, Tammy, Darcy, my whole family and a few others) are in a pack of werewolves. There's not many of us left but me and these people are some of them.

Anyway, I dressed myself quickly, since It was already eight o'clock, and tied my waist length, black hair in a pony-tail and put a black and grey spotted bandanna on. I took a quick look in the mirror, my dark skin looked good in the outfit and the colour really brought out my green eyes. I was very tall for my age of fifteen, something that came with being a werewolf.

I went into Gem's room to see if she was dressed. She was wearing baggy jeans and a black t-shirt that said 'Be the wolf' with a wolf howling at the bottom of the shirt. Her brown hair was tied back in a plait. She grinned up at me, her grey eyes sparkled like my mum's. She took after our mum with her hair colour and eye colour where as I was like our dad, black hair green eyes.
"Do I look ok?" She asked, twisting and twirling in the mirror.
"You look fine, go get in the car." I replied as she walked out of the room.

I knocked on my dad's door to make sure he was ready, he opened the door and looked me up and down. He was around six foot five and had very dark, tan skin. His hair was cropped short and was black and shiny like mine. He had emerald green eyes and he had black stubble lining his mouth.
"You look stunning. I love what you have done with your hair." He said sarcastically, then he gave a deep chuckle and walked past me to the car.

The drive was pretty much Gem getting over excited about her first day and my dad telling her to stay away from things that could hurt her (drinking, smoking etc.) So I put my headphones in and text Darcy, Tammy and Toby about tonight's pack meeting.

When we arrived at school, our dad watched us walk over to Tammy, Jess and Darcy. Tammy was the same height as me and had a medium tan. Her black hair was cut to her shoulder and her brown eyes had specks of amber in them. Even though Jess was human, she was still extremely pale, her bright ginger hair was cropped in a pixie cut and she had freckles that covered her nose and cheeks. Her hair really brought out her grass green eyes and she was as tomboyish as me and Gem. The only difference in personalities was that she loved sports and I absolutely loathed it. Darcy was our quietest friend. She had long blond hair that reached the middle of her back, it really complimented her aqua blue eyes, she was shorter than me and had lighter skin than me.
"Jo!" Jess called "Gem! Are you excited?"
Gem just nodded shyly and sat down next to me. We all got chatting about our holidays and the meeting tonight and how boring it would be, when Toby and Cameron came wondering over. Toby was taller than me and the girls, around six foot, and his black hair was thick on the top of his head, and his eyes were the same shade. He was the same shade of tan as me, if not darker. Cameron was our other human friend, he had hair like Toby but blonde. He had green eyes and his skin was only slightly darker than Jess.
"What's up Alphas?!" Toby yelled at me and Gem.
"Not much dude, how's the family?" I replied so Gem didn't have to.
"Not bad, dad's excited for tonight like everyone." He said making all us wolves laugh.
We hated pack meetings, they were all the same, no problems around the perimeter, no wolf packs had tried to cross our borders but we still must be careful. We continued chatting until the bel went then we all went our separate ways.