Chapter 7: Pity or Prosecute

I stalked up the hill with Toby and Tammy at my flanks and Darcy at the back, so we were in a diamond formation. The other wolves spotted us and lowered their heads to show respect since we were bigger in size and number, all except the biggest one who was snarling at the other two. I made my posture show the authority that I had. Pack leader's family gave me all the authority I needed to kick them off our land, and made me a bigger wolf than the two bowing to me. Me and the guys transformed, and so did they.

The medium one transformed first. She was a grey, almost white, wolf with brown eyes, she was half a foot smaller than me and showed lots of respect towards me. She had a dark grey circle round one eye and the end of her tail was missing. As a human she was very pale for a werewolf, her blonde hair was cut in a pixie cut like Jess, and around the same age. She had dimples in her cheeks and pale blue eyes that almost looked grey. She was tall and slim in figure except her arms that were quite muscular. She wore sweat pants and a green vest top, with a dream catcher around her neck. She bowed her body in respect once she had transformed. I liked her and I knew I could this over quickly if I discussed the issue through her.

Her smaller brother was next to transform. His wolf was russet brown and had a white mark around his left. His green eyes showed pleading and it brought back memories of when me, Gem and Toby crossed the border and were stopped by the teenage boy, and Gem had coward behind me. As a human he was around Gems age, a bit darker than his sister and he had green eyes. He was around five foot and had hair like Toby. He bowed as well and stood behind his sister.

The biggest wolf transformed. His wolf was broad in the shoulders and was a russet brown like his brother. He had a white strip that that started in between his ears and finished in an arrow shape in between his eyebrows. His chest was completely white as well. He had part of his right ear missing and the tip of his tale was gone. As a human he was taller than me but smaller than Toby. He had the same tone of skin as his brother and the same green eyes. He was wearing short sweat pants and a baggy T-shirt. He did not bow.

Before I could get a word in the oldest wolf and his sister were arguing.

"Why are you not bowing down, you know we are in the wrong!" she whispered.

"I bow to no one!" He snarled back. "Especially not these petty, tame scraps of meat!" He bellowed at us.

Toby stepped in front of me, ready for a fight, his vein was bulging in his neck. I rubbed his arm to calm him down.

"I can take this." I said calmly, and transformed swiftly.

"Oh it's on princess!" The male roared and transformed into his giant wolf.

We circled around each other, he was bigger and broader than me, but I was swifter and quicker on my feet. I scanned over him to spot a weak point. I saw how skinny and bony his ankles were and chose my attack. He pounced at me, aiming straight for my neck, I glided gracefully to the side. His green eyes locked on my throat and he flew through the sky towards me and I took my chance. I got under his feet and bit at three of his ankles. He landed and fell to the floor and I jumped on top of him growled, in his face and snapped at his neck at clawing at this face. I clawed his nose and grazed his neck. It was a quick fight, he surrendered and we transformed. His sister laughed at him.

"You deserved that." She giggled and looked at me. "Let's start over. I am Kiara Samson of the Khobar tribe; daughter of Daniel Samson I am fifteen. This is my younger brother Kyoto who is twelve and my older brother Kahn who is eighteen. I am sorry for his bad manners; he is extremely loyal to the tribe."

I smiled at her, and she smiled back. They seemed harmless.

"I am Johanna Omega of the Omega tribe; daughter of pack leader Isaac Omega, I am fifteen too. This is Toby, Tammy and Darcy." I gestured to the guys in turn.

But Kiara wasn't bothered, she was staring at my neck, at my birth mark to be exact. It was shaped as a paw print; it ran through my dad's side of the family, it meant you would be future pack leader.

"You have the leader mark!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah I know; I'll be pack leader in thirty tears or so." I laughed it off. "May I ask, why are you here?"

"Oh, well, we were chasing a deer on our lands when it passed over the border, we didn't realise we had passed the border until the deer had gone. Then we got lost on our way back. In this field we saw all the cows and Kahn wanted to hunt some but I wold him it was wrong to pass over the border let alone hunt on your land so we were arguing about that when you arrived."

It checked out, I was going to let them slide this time and warn them not to come on to our land again.

"Ok I trust you. You may go back to your territory, and we will not say anything about this again. But do not cross our borders again without permission." I grinned.

"May I ask you, when did you get that tattoo?" Kiara asked.

"It's a birth mark, why?" I replied.

"No reason." She turned and left.

I watched them head back into the trees. I turned around and looked at the rest of the gang. They nodded and I took that as agreement that I should have let them go. Tammy put her arm around my shoulder and we headed back down the hill. We walked in silence until I was stood in front of my dad. I looked up at his giant wolf and waited for him to transform.

"What happened up there?" He looked at me concerned.

I told him that they were only kids, I said how they chased the deer onto our land by accident and then got lost. he asked what I had done and he agreed with me when I said I let them go with a warning. We all headed home for the night.

When I got home I got into my pyjamas and went to bed. I was shattered from the whole night. Dancing at the party then having to deal with those teenagers, it had drained all my energy and will power. As I slept, the dreams drifted in.

I dreamt about Kiara and her brothers chasing a deer through the cow field, then Gem was there playing with Kyoto, I was there chowing down on the deer with them and Kiara was going on about my birth mark again. Kahn was sulking in the corner. Then it all changed. Kiara turned into Selena and Kahn turned into Cameron. Kyoto started to attack Gem and Selena and Cameron held me back so I couldn't help her. Kyoto turned into the teen boy we met a few weeks back and he got the dagger out again and placed it to her neck. I screamed and screamed. Then his head snapped towards me and he threw the dagger at me. I woke with a jolt, tears streaming down my face, my throat red raw from screaming. My mum ran into my room and grabbed my head in her arms.

"What's wrong?" She whispered into my hair.

"Just a bad dream." I looked up at her and forced a smile.

"It's ok, you're home and safe with us."

"Can you check on Gem?" I asked.

"Of course. Now get some sleep." Mum kissed my head and headed to Gem's room. "She's fine, don't worry."

"Thanks." I whimpered then went back to sleep.

There were no more dreams that I remembered. After that dream I was keeping Gem near me whenever I could today. She sat across from me at breakfast, staring into my bloodshot eyes. I smiled back and took my bowl to wash up. Today my only plans were to stay home and study so it would be easy to keep Gemma by my side. I arranged a study session, just me and her where we could just get our homework done then watch a movie in the lounge. She seemed like she was having fun and I was relaxed to know no one was coming after her.

Mum and Dad were home around six and we all had tea. I had made Mexican ring, a family favourite and we all babbled on about our days. I was the first to bed, last night and today had worn me out. I dressed into my grey pyjama top and curled into a ball under the covers. Tonight's dreams were as brutal as last nights, and as the wave of unconsciousness dragged me under, the boy's face was there again, laughing at me for coming back.