Chapter 4: Back fire

"Now guys, we are going to be sensible about this, ok? Every time one person is talking the rest of you are going to keep your mouths closed." He looked at me for my gang's side of the story. I told him about Gem being bullied by Mandy and how I asked Selena if she could tell her to stop. Then I told him how Selena said Gem probably deserved it and how then I said that Mandy probably would stoop that low because she was a Jenkins. Then I explained how the fight started. I told him about Selena coming over and calling us freaks

"I never!" Selena got up and shouted.

"Yeah you did." Gem whispered.

"Shut it you little freak!" Selena shouted at her, and then she clasped her hand to her mouth.

"That's enough!" Mr Hubert shouted "Let Johanna finish." And he looked back at me to continue.

I then explained how Jess had threatened her so Selena went to slap her and Toby and Tammy stepped in. Then I told him that Mandy slapped Gem so Darcy stepped in and grabbed her by the wrist so then Selena smacked Darcy across the face, making Tammy snap and attack her. Then I closed my eyes and nodded to show I had finished my side of the story.

Mr Hubert looked at Selena

"Now it's your turn." He glared.

Selena said I'd accused her of bullying Gem so in her defence said that the Omegas were just not easy to like. Then she said that she came over at lunch to our table to apologies but before she could get her words out me and Tammy both attacked her and Darcy punched Mandy in the temple. Luckily, Mr Hubert wasn't buying it. He looked like he'd decided who he could trust and it wasn't Selena, and it wasn't me. Gem sat with Toby's arm around her, and Mr Hubert was looking at.

"Gemma, I feel like I can trust you most. What happened yesterday?"

Gemma told him that she woke me up and we had butter and toast. She told him what clothes she picked and what time we left the house. She told him about meeting Jess, Tammy and Darcy outside school. Then she told him she had maths first which she had really enjoyed. Then she had P.E which was the first time she had met Mandy. Mandy had come up to her and looked her up and down in disgust.

"What are you wearing? You wear more than my mum does in winter." Gem stated, "To which I replied, I didn't know it could offend people just because I don't wear skirts, I'm really sorry." She looked at Mandy who was blushing.

Then she told him about break time and how we had said we would look after her. Then she went on about her other lessons. When she got to lunch time she told the exact story I'd told. That's all Mr Hubert needed.

"Selena, Mandy it looks like you're the source of this problem. We will be calling your parents. And you will both be in detention after school today. Tammy, this is a warning, no more fighting."

"Understood." Tammy replied.

We left the office and there was about and twenty minutes of the lesson we were supposed to of missed, so we just skived it. We hung around next to the canteen. We went to check out what was on the menu. There was pizza, nachos and my favourite, chilli. The twenty minutes were a waste of time. We headed off to class. Now I'm not going to tell you about the rest of the week since it was boring and pointless. We didn't hear anything from Selena or Mandy for the rest of the week.

When Saturday came round we were all exhausted, mum was off this weekend like usual, so I headed out on a mission to keep myself busy. It was four o'clock so I called Jess to see if she wanted to meet up. She said she'd love to. We decided on a cinema trip, so I called Tammy, Darcy, Cameron and Toby. I realized we hadn't seen Cameron at school since Monday, and I called him he didn't answer. So I immediately called Toby.

"Hello?"

"Hey what's up Jo?"

"Have you heard from Cameron lately?"

"No I tried calling him a couple times but he didn't pick up, how come you need to talk to him anyway."

"I was going to arrange a movie night for tonight but when I called he didn't pick up. And then I realized he hadn't been at school since Monday."

"Don't worry he might be sick so he hasn't been in school and he might be grounded, which explain why he's not picking up."

I sighed, Toby always made everything better. He was like the brother I'd never had. He had a special way at looking at life, like everything was simple and straight forward. He looked after me no matter what. Me and Toby had known each other since we were about five. He moved into the town when he was six and I was five. Our dads soon became good friends and Toby was round at my house almost every weekend. He became mine and Gems older brother and protected us from everything.

"Yeah you're probably right. So do you want to come tonight. We're going to watch Charlie the vampire slayer."
"Sure, why not?"

"Ok I'll see you later, bye." I smiled and started to dialling Tammy's number.

It was the same from Tam, she hadn't heard from Cameron either and she said she'd love to see the movie with us. Tammy had been my friend since I was ten. We had met at one of the pack gatherings. Tammy had been dragged along by her dad to the meeting and she wasn't impressed. She had sat in the corner of our living room sulking to herself. I had gone over and listened to her complain then I'd hugged her and introduced myself. From that moment on, we had been best friends, she was the loud, irrational one and I was the reasonable and responsible one. We had been through everything together, our first transformation when I was twelve and her when she was fourteen. Our high school years and we were heading quickly to graduation. I would find any way possible to go to the same college and university as her. We were inseparable.

I then I called Darcy. She had a different story for me. She said she had seen Cameron with some of the Jocks and popular girls from school. He had a jock jacket and one of the girls was holding his hand. Darcy said the girl looked like Selena but she couldn't tell from afar. Great Selena was turning our 'friend' against us. I shrugged it off for now, and asked Darcy if she wanted to come tonight and she seemed thrilled. Darcy had joined our gang a couple months back when she went through her first transformation. She came to the pack meeting and sat down next to me. In a small, shy voice she introduced herself. She could tell I had an authority, I was future pack leader, I was leader of my own pack in a way, and she wanted in. As soon as she started talking I'd excepted into my little pack.

This cinema trip was going to be fun and I wouldn't allow anything to stop that. I started getting dressed, pulling on my green cut-off jeans and a plain white t-shirt. I went to ask Gem if she wanted to come but she had plans with one of her school friends. This worried me, I didn't want to leave with her being alone, unprotected. I told her to keep her phone on her, not to go near the north border and to stay in range of the town. She nodded understanding my worry. She wrapped her stick thin arms around my waist and I put my face into her hair, rubbing her back.

"I'll be ok, don't let your anxiousness ruin your night with the guys." She looked up at me and grinned, and I smiled weakly back.

She hugged me one more time and then carried on packing her bag. I headed downstairs. I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and grabbed my boot from the closet.

"Where are you going tiger?"

I spun round caught off guard by my mum's silent entrance.

"I'm off with the gang to watch Charlie the vampire slayer." I replied. "Tammy's mum said she would drive us."

"Hmm, I see about that." She pulled out her phone.

She called Mrs Marleen, and like I said she was driving us. My mum hung up and looked at me.

"You be safe, ok?" She warned and came over to hug me.

I squeezed her tightly and gave her a peck on the cheek. I then headed out the door to go to Tammy's.