11

We were at the science lab for awhile. It seemed to be a Mage safe haven while we were there, but the more I stayed there it seemed to be more of a death trap. Some of the people acted jumpy and people tended the wounded and so many were dead. So many god damn people were dead.

I sat on-top of the roof looking with my feet dangling down. Arcade sat next to me and stared at the sky while I stared at the stars. It was odd how either us could die right now. We could just fall and then be dead just like that.  There was an argument from below somewhere so I decided to listen in.

"I-I can't do this anymore," I heard someone shout out. Were they about to cry?

"What do you mean? Why can't you," the second person voice trailed off for a moment.

"I...I can't support your cause! Your leaders are extremists! You guys are willing to kill innocents for your cause!"

"Your leaders are to! They are willing to kill innocents who have done nothing wrong."

"It's different."

"Do you think we aren't innocent? Why?"

"I just do!"

"Were you ever in love with me?! You know what! Just leave."

The conversation ended there I think. Arcade looked at me with some concern and I shrugged. I wanted to say Anything, just something to end the silence of the night.

"Arcade," I whispered.

"Yeah," he responded as he turned towards me.

"I...never mind."

Arcade nodded. Did he know what I was going to say?

"I'm with you 'till the end of the line. No matter who's side your on," he reassured me.

"Promise," I requested almost with a childlike innocence.

"Promise."

I smiled and looked back out. The city skyline was beautiful at this time of night. It looked so peaceful unlike what was going on inside of it. It was a veiled cage holding a wasp give and prodding it with a stick. It's just not good for anything.

"We've seen some fucked up shit," I said to break the silence again.

Arcade nodded and said," There's no one I'd rather see that with ,but I'd prefer not to see any of it again."

I nodded. Then the alarm of the building came on, and everything came tumbling down.

"Stay behind me," I shouted as I ran towards the door.

I threw open the door and made my way downstairs. I needed to find Kylee and Cyr. I shoved past the people heading upstairs.

"Kylee! Cyr," I shouted at the top of my lungs.

I found Kylee a few floors down, she was hiding in a room.

"Kylee come with me," I said.

She nodded and followed us.
About ground level is when we heard cy's voice. Then, the sound of a gunshot echoed throughout the rooms.

"Cy," I shouted as I ran towards the area where the sound should of originated from.

Nothing.

I ran to the others rooms and in the fifth room I saw what happened.
Cyr stood perfectly still and the body of the witch hunter laid on the ground, gun still in his hand. Cyr didn't look like Cyr anymore: I couldn't say why he didn't look like himself, he just did. Maybe it was the venom in his eyes ,or how he held himself.

I felt a gun pressed against my head and stopped paying attention to cyr. It's really hard to pay attention to anything else ,but the gun when that happens.

"Kylee, don't do it," I heard Arcade command.

I slightly turned towards Kylee and see had the same look that Cyr did. Some part of her looked like she didn't want to do this and that she was being forced to do this.

"K-Kylee," I mumbled sounding afraid. Who wouldn't be afraid when there is a gun pressed to their head.

"I-I'm sorry," she whispered and I closed my eyes tightly.

I heard the gunshot but didn't feel it.

"What...how did you do that," Arcade shouted.

"Honey, it's all in the magic, I think the only safe place is at my place so please come with me," cyr requested.

I didn't look at Kylee's body. I already knew what it would look like so I walked towards Cyr. We left and head to Cyr's place. The first few days were calm and peaceful. Then I heard them arguing as I woke up.

"Norman doesn't deserve someone with witch hunter blood coursing through their veins,"Cyr hissed not knowing I was awake.

"So, you think he deserves someone who thinks he's a god," Arcade asked.

"No, I don't. I'm just looking out for my friend!"

Please no love triangle surrounding me,oh my God,I'll fight both of you. I should Just go to back to sleep.

"Sure you are. Maybe you're just against me for being the son of a witch hunter. He died early on in my life, so you don't have to worry about me being like him," Arcade almost shouted.

I never heard Arcade sound so angry. You could mark me down as scared and horny, if I wasn't asexual. 

"You still have it in your blood! It's an instinct just like magic is," Cyr said weirdly calmly but I still heard the anger in his voice. It was like he was trying not to lash out at Arcade just because I was there.

His anger was hidden as Arcade showed his. It seemed like Arcade was a wild animal protecting something and Cyr was a hunter who spotted his prey.

"Norman, would you kindly come in here," Cyr asked.

And so I did.

Cyr looked as if he was about to murder Arcade and handed me a knife. What did he want me to do? Why did he give me the knife.

"Now you are going to do whatever I tell you to alright," he said with a serpent smile.

I gripped the knife tightly and nodded.
I could feel him in my mind. I want him out of him mind! Why won't he get out?

I looked over at Arcade and I wish I didn't. He looked scared of what Cyr was planing and I don't blame him.