3

I pulled satan to the side.

"What do you want," I questioned and tapped my foot.

"So...I...Uhm, so I was wondering if you need help with your costume because...I don't know," he sheepishly said.

I nodded. I don't think this was normal king of hell behavior. But, what is normal Satan behavior?

"Okay..so I'll see you at six? I know this cool costume maker. They're the best!"

I nodded again. Satan vanished. Arcade looked at me, then at Kylee. We all just sort of stood there, confused, and by that I mean the most confused two scientists and a mage could be.

"So...who wants to go to chipotle," arcade asked.

"Hell yeah," I exclaimed.

Kylee nodded and then we left.

Memorizing their orders was a bit easy for me.
Kylee got a burrito with white rice, black beans, sour cream, cheese, and corn.
Arcade got the burrito bowl with white rice, chicken, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese.
What I got wasn't really anything worth noting.

"So, when did you meet him," arcade asked.

Was it two years ago..one..three? It seems like one?

"Maybe a year ago," I said questioning every word I've said.

He shrugged and continued eating.
We sorta ate in silence, none of us had anything to say and were focussed on our food.

I checked my phone.

Oh shit its 5:40..satan was going to pick me up at 6..right?

I got up and said my goodbyes before heading outside. After a bit of wandering around, I found him. He did a small wave before opening the door on my side.

"Uh...thank you,"

"No problem. The drive will be about 2 hours if traffic isn't bad," he said.

Two hours? Why would this take two hours. Traffic. God why is there traffic, shit fuck stop please.

Eventually we did make it, but it took about three hours. The building we were out seemed like a large warehouse. I looked over at satan and he was texting someone.

"They're going to be out here in a bit," he said stepping out of the care and walking towards the building.

I, of course, quietly followed. I didn't want there to be a hidden murderer anywhere.

The person who walked out was extremely tall. They seemed like they were 6'4", but I just know they were definitely taller than me.

"So, what do ya need," they asked looking over the two of us.

"Costumes obviously. We were invited to this rich person costume party, and I want us to look better than them," Satan casually said.

"Do you need masks?"

"If you want to give us masks."

The stranger looked over us.

"So, what does the Mage want," they asked me .

"I-I'm not sure," I managed to stammer out.

"So..something not tight fitting and maybe has some feathers? Possibly with darker colors?"

I nodded.

How did they figure out what to get me?

"Ashtal used to be a costume maker, before they died. They Sorta can figure out what to make people just by talking to them. They also has a lot of orders to fill out," satan whispered to me.

I nodded.

"I just need to take your measurements," Ashton said.

I nodded again.
God I need to stop nodding.

They took my measurements and quickly ran inside. Then we walked back to the car and satan turned on the radio.

"Hello listeners! Now I got some news your you guys. You know the fact that magics of any type are illegal. So this might be a sad report for are dear magic users, and magical beings. They have come up with a new way to find and test for magic. So please Stay safe out there, alright!  This next song goes out to all of you magical people, and those who are struggling and on the run. It's Staying Alive by Cursive, and keep on living Eastwind. Keep on livin',"the host said.

There was so much emotion in his words I was worried for him. Usually he kept a happy tone of voice, but today was different. I guess he had friends who are now on the run.

God I hope I don't get caught. I fucking hope they don't find me. If they do, I'm fucking dead once they see me.