8

I opened my eyes slightly and listened to the rain hitting the window. Arcades arms were wrapped around my waist and his head rested on my shoulder. Everything was so peaceful and quiet. It smelt faintly of cinnamon and something else. Where was I? This doesn't seem right.

I looked down at what I was wearing. It was an oversized sweater with a sunflower on it and some shorts. When did I get this? Who cares.

"I love you," he mumbled.

I turned around and let myself hug Arcade. My face was buried in his chest. God he was so warm, and he smelt good. We stood there not wanting to move, every single thing was absolutely perfect.

"Do you want some hot coco," Arcade softly asked.

I nodded and he pulled away from me. I looked around the room as Arcade made it. It was his apartment and it seemed to have more things in it than before but at the same time it didn't. I sat on the couch and saw another houseplant. Really arcade? Maybe you have an obsession with house plants.

The rest of the evening went on smoothly. I eventually fell asleep in Arcades arms as we listened to music.

I woke up to someone knocking at the door loudly and sat up on the couch. Arcade was somewhere else in the apartment. I got up and shambles to the door. Something told me not to open the door, but I did it anyways since it was too early to listen to my subconscious.

Satan stood there,"can I come in?"

Say no,say no,say no.

"Uh...yeah," I said with a smile on my face.

Satan stepped in and looked around. His eyes narrowed and turned towards me.

"Does this seem to be good to be true. Did he say something that seemed off," Satan asked.

Why was he interrogating me? In my house...In our house!

"No,why," I asked.

Arcade stepped into the room and looked at Satan confused.

"What's going on," arcade asked.

"Nothing...I was just leaving," Satan said glaring at him as he left.

"Did something happen between you two," I asked Arcade.

"Nothing important," he responded with a smile.

The days passed by and everything seemed absolutely perfect but I could never bring myself to leave the apartment. Something always stopped me. I thought about the first thing Arcade said to me and realized how odd it was that he said it. I tried to remember the conversation we had but it always seemed out of reach. I tried to remember what happened here before I opened my eyes but I couldn't.
Something was wrong. Something was very very wrong.

I started to feel weak as the days passed and I finally remember the conversation we had.

Arcade was laughing as some stupid love song played on YouTube. We were watching some random videos.
"You know...I don't think I could ever bring myself to say I love you to someone. Not that I'm afraid to love but saying I love you just seems so cliché," he said casually.

I nodded in agreement and focused back on the video.

I remembered those first words Arcade said to me and I frowned. People change, right? I started to notice little details as the days went on and I towards turn the door. I had to leave right now.'

"Where do you think you're going," arcade asked when I was about to open the door.

"I need some fresh air," I mumbled and opened the door.

Arcade sighed and with a movement of his hand slammed the door shut. This wasn't arcade. Who was he?

"Y-you aren't Arcade," I shouted.

"Is it that obvious," he asked with a wicked grin on his face.

He took a step towards me.
I can't let him touch me. This wasn't my Arcade. I tried to remember who he reminded me of.

The party quickly ran through my mind. The purple haired kid. What did they want?

There was a loud knock at the door and I barely managed to open. An arm dragged me outside and I woke up.

Satan was standing over me and the purple haired kid was scrambling away.

"I heard they had a Cupid as a guard, but I never thought they actually did," he exclaimed.

"You shouldn't of intervened, R-," Satan cut them off quickly by snapping their neck with magic somehow.

Once it died, it's true form was shown. It sorta looked like a hairless Sphinx but more human like and with a leech like mouth. I could see its veins and muscles. Gross.

"W-what is that," I said with a hint of fear in my voice.

"That my friend, is a Cupid. They take the form of their most recent kills and if the person they turn into has powers, they get those. Looks like it's last kill had some type of manipulation memory thing," he said kicking it slightly.

I nodded.
Man, that was messed up.

"How did you find me," I asked quietly turning away from it.

"Well, I couldn't find you once the party ended so,"he started off.

I nodded and walked out with him and that is when I heard the loudest argument ever. It sounded like there was a group of angry cranes.

I saw who was arguing and wasn't even surprised. It was Cyr and the fox twins.

"You can't be serious! You aren't going support your own people  and their cause," he shouted at one of them. He looked like an angry hedgehog, which was sorta cute.

The twin with her mask off said,"I will not be joining any cause, especially if the one who is trying to convince me believes he's a god."

Cyr looked offended, maybe even disgusted when she said that. The other twin nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe you! These are your PEOPLE. You should help defend us," Cyr cried out.

"Nothing you will say or do will convince me, Cyra. Now leave," the twin said calmly.

Wait...his full first name is Cyra? Isn't that Greek or something? Neat!

Cyr sighed and through his hands in the air and left. Satan and I left soon after not wanting to deal with the twins. They seemed to be pretty intimidating, especially the one who wasn't talking.

After awhile I was back home, well arcade's home. He wasn't awake when I went inside and he  was  peacefully asleep on the couch with papers all over the table. Must of been a busy night. Arcade snored lightly in sleep and moved over to his side. I should leave him be.

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. The curtains in my room were spread open and had little plants on the windowsill.

Arcade, you might have a problem. Did we really need more plants?