Sleepless night

The journey home was done in silence. Ember seemed unnatural and even uncomfortable in her skin. Through the teams best attempts to cheer her up she seemed distant,detached.

Nights were a torture because she tossed and turned in her soft bed. Her Eyes would lay open knowing there was no chance of sleep. She would sit by the window until the sweet kiss of dawn touched her tired eyes.

The guild members had noticed her change but said nothing about it seeing her exhaustion. The purple under her eyes and her pale skin were enough to advertise her fatigue. She would sit alone in a booth with her head in her hands. Even with Lucy's best attempt, she couldn't find out what was wrong.

Natsu, after watching her for three day, decided it was time he intervened and see what was wrong.

...

Ember lay in bed again wondering why she tried to sleep when her attempts would be fruitless.
*tap tap*

something was tapping on her window. Standing from her bed she looked to the window to find natsu hanging onto the window sill.

Through the window he mouthed "open up." Opening the window the cool air blew strands of her loose hair in her face.

He climbed in and closed the window behind him. Turning to face her he stepped so he was just in front of her.

"I'm fi..." She began but he stopped her

"Don't tell me your fine because I know your not. Please tell me," he said

She looked down not making eye contact, her hands rubbing together. Natsu placed his hands on her cheeks forcing her to look at him. He leaned in placing a small kiss on her head causing bright coloration on her paled cheeks.

"Please," he asked against her forehead lips brushing against her skin.

"Seeing myself like this brings back so many feelings of loss. I miss my father Natsu. He was all I had." She said leaning against him for support.

"Is that why you haven't been sleeping?" He asked smoothing her hair.

"I think it's because before I was transformed I was so used to sleeping near Orionis in the heat. I think this form of myself Is still used to the intense warmth."

"When was the last time you slept?" He asked inspecting her face.

"The last time I slept was with you at the poppy inn" she said looking away from him with a blush on her cheeks.

"Maybe I could stay her and sleep with you. Maybe I would help," he said slightly pulling her closer to the bed.

"O-Ok..." She said quietly  moving slowly to the other side of the bed. Natsu, who had removed his vest, pulled the covers away, climbing and laying in his side. Ember blushed slightly at the handsome sight before her.  She slid in laying on her side, pulling the cover over their bodies. They were close enough that she could feel his warms but it wasn't close enough.

"Natsu..." She said sliding closer, "please hold me."

Without a moments hesitation he wrapped his strong arms around her small form, pulling her flush against his chest.

Natsu whisper, "sleep."
And for the first time in three days, her eyes  dropped in sleep. Her slumber was peaceful undisturbed.

Natsu loved having this beautiful girl in his arms because from the very first time he set eyes on her he only wanted to be with her.  He Could only think how lucky he was as he stroked her hair and lulled her to sleep.

Yay fluff
Any way please leave comments and requests.
I love all of you
Hugs and of course cuddles,

Firebird ❤️

Oh and yeah probably lots of typos. I try people i try