Dragon season

The pageant had been a mistake. The theater along with 1/3 of the town got burned down when the team got a little carried away. Its what happened the next week however, that changed everything.

"Why is nastu being locked up?!" Ember said as natsu was dragged into a room in the back of the guild. He went willingly but had a sour look on his face. Laxus explained.

"Dragon season starts tomorrow. The season doesn't really effect female dragon slayers as far as I see but the males....well let's just say we get pretty destructive. They have to seal us in magic prisons to keep us at bay. The point is that we're looking for a mate and will do anything to get them."

"Why arn't you being locked up?"

He laughed slightly giving a smirk. He pointed behind him at Mirajane. "I already claimed my property a while back."

And that's how it was. Nastu would be under guild arrest until the end of the week and ember would be left with ought her warmth in the night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day's rolled slowly as ember waited. The week seemed like years as she waited. Happy was allowed to see natsu but when he came back out he always had a worried look on his face. Embers own worry  caused her to pace about the guild.

"I don't know what he's doing..." Ember slowed to a stop in the the hall as she heard the masters voice.

"....Gajeel is acting very violently which is normal but natsu's just sitting there.....not eating or drinking,"

Ember ears burned as she listened.

"Do you think something's wrong?" It was laxus's voice now.

"We'll just have to keep an eye on him..." The conversation died down after that.

"How are you feeling ember?" Lucy came and sat by her cheerfully. She had decided to think things over with a good dosage of alcohol. 

"Just a little worried that's all..." She trailed off thinking of what she had heard.

"Well let's not sit around," Lucy said pulling Ember from the booth, "Come on let's get our minds off this gloominess. We're having a spa day!" And for a while ember relaxed. They indulged themselves in good soak and even a nice massage. But no amount of manicures and scented oil could keep embers mind from wondering back to natsu. The only thing that kept her at ease was the fact that tomorrow was to be the end of dragon season. Nobody, however, could have predicted what was to happen the next day.

The guild had been quiet with its members shifting from the tension. Suddenly a huge crash rattled the guild with an accompanying explosion. The back wall of the guild had a gaping hole. The dust cleared to reveal a panting figure. His chest moved in slow rises as he breathed. The guild was still.

His cherry blossom head moved slowly as he surveyed the crowd, his eyes sharp in deep concentration.

"Nastu..." Ember let his name slide quietly from her lip. His ears immediately perked up at her voice and his eyes fell upon her like a predator on prey. He stared at her for a moment  and then let out a ragged breath.

"Ember..."

Oh what shall happen next???? Well keep reading to find out. Love and hugs

Firebird