Chapter 18-Jello-O Shot

Start from the beginning

"Come here." He pulled her into a hug. "You continue to amaze me." He whispered, hoping no one around would hear. "You can't do that to me."

"Do what?" She whispered.

"Wear that spandex, in that jersey with my number and drop into the splits after dancin' all sexy. You can't do that to me." She laughed and pushed him off.

"Lucas Friar, behave."

"Riley!" The brunette turned around to her bestfriend.

"Hey peaches."

"You did, awesome. Super hot. Right Lucas?" Maya questioned.

Riley nudged Maya, and smiled trying to hide her rosy cheeks. "Very."

"LUCAS!"The cheerleader rolled her eyes at the sound of Missy's shrill voice.

"Hey." Lucas was clearly not elated that she was around.

"Do you wanna go grab a bite to eat?" She placed her hand on his arm. "Like last time." Riley put her forehead on Maya's shoulder trying hard not to laugh.

"No thanks. I'm goin' out with the guys." Riley bit her volumptious lip and stared at Lucas. He looked so good in his jersey and jeans. He winked at his crush and said goodbye to Maya.

"Maybe you shouldn't try so hard Missy." The blonde stated, trying to control her laughter.

"Mind your own business Hart. It's just a matter of time." She walked off and the best friends were finally able to release their laughter.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley slid on her denim shorts and black tanktop. She tucked her top into the denim and tightened her rhinestone belt. The brunette looked down at her black cockroach killers and after touching up her curled hair, and throwing on a long silver necklace she walked out to Lucas' truck. Her heart sped up when she saw him, his hair was still damp from the shower and her stomach tightened. "Wow, you look-" he stopped what he was saying and just stared. "Wow." Riley smiled and exhaled, her chest was moving up and down and her body tingled.

"You look great too."

"I wasn't thinking great. I was thinking like marvelous."

She smiled and looked towards the ground. "Come on, Zay will be waiting if we don't get there soon."

"Good thinkin' pretty girl." He opened her passenger door and she buckled her seat belt. "Middle seat is available."

"I hope so." She smiled. "When we date i'll sit there. The bucket seat is always reserved for the girlfriend."

"Hopefully soon." He kissed her hand. "I really would like to kiss your lips someday."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Well this 'ol world has got you down, stress is giving you a frown. Seems like there ain't no end in sight. Well come on home, it's time to unwind, pour a glass of sweet red wine. I just wanna love you tonight. The pair were dancing with everyone else at the Pit, it was an extremely warm night but that didn't stop them from hanging all over each other.

"I wanna take you dancin' out in public." His hand was on her back and their fingers were interlocked.

The cheerleader glanced around her. "This is in public."

"I mean like go downtown, where their dance area isn't grass."

"Why's that?" She smiled, Lucas took note of how beautiful it made her look.

"To show you off." Her heart felt like it was going to explode with happiness.

"That's nice to hear." She looked behind Lucas and saw her ex. Charlie couldn't show up to school but if there was drinking and a party he was there.

"Don't let Charlie ruin your night. I'm here. He won't hurt you or get near you." The brunette laid her head on his chest. "ZAY!" Riley lifted her head and smiled.

"He's here?"

"Yeah, he just pulled up. Come on let's go." Lucas took off and was several steps in front of Riley, she didn't mind. The cheerleader enjoyed the fact she didn't have to be in constant contact with him. Zay gave Lucas a big hug, she stayed back giving them their space. But, couldn't help but smile at the fact Lucas was so happy. The 2 friends talked and caught up for just a few minutes.

Zay's smile was powerful, and contagious. "Dude, I have a surprise for you." he gestured to his truck and the door opened.

"First, let me introduce you to-" He was fixing to say Riley but a beautiful blonde girl jumped out of the passengers side. "Bailey?" Riley's heart sank as she looked towards the ground. The blonde ran towards her the green eyed man and threw her arms around his neck. He returned the hug and looked at the brunette. His eyes were the epitomy of shocked, and Riley's were the definition of sadness. Lucas had no idea what to do, especially when Bailey grabbed his face and kissed him. The cheerleader felt a punch to the gut, she went to find Maya. But, grabbed a beer first.

"Riles, you okay?" She shot gunned her beer and pointed to where Lucas was. "Oh crap. Is that the ex?" The brunette nodded and put her beer down.

"Clearly not an ex, there is something there." Maya looked at the table and handed her a jell-o shot.

"You're gonna need this." Lucas watched her take the jell-o shot from a distance, he couldn't abandon his friend and ex. But, he knew it would only upset Riley more if Bailey was with him. "I'll take you back to my place when you're ready to go."

"Thanks. Ugh, I wish I liked beer just a little more. I'm going to take shots until I forget." Maya wrapped her arms around Riley.

"He's headed this way. What do you wanna do?"

"Run?" The brunette hoped.

The blue eyed girl looked at her best friend. "I say talk to him, get the conversation over with then i'm sure you can find a way to get over it." The blonde passed her another jell-o shot. "Hint, hint." Zay and Bailey separated from Lucas, as he watched Riley take the shot.

"What are you doing?"

"That's funny I could probably ask you the same thing." She grabbed another jell-o shot and Lucas tried to take it away.

"Slow down sweetheart. I don't think you should be drinking like this." Riley ate a red one and tossed the clear plastic cup to the side.

"And, I think that if you really wanna tell a girl what to do, you should go talk to your girlfriend Bailey." She replied sarcastically.

"We aren't together Riles. I had no idea, I swear."

"As that kiss so amply demonstrated." He wanted to kiss her, or hold her but was torn. Lucas looked to the right and saw Bailey and Zay dancing. "And, I believe that you had no idea she was coming, the look on your face made that apparent."

"Riley, I swear that I broke it off with her. I wouldn't do that to you."

"LUCAS!" Bailey yelled from the dance area, she was waving him down. The brunette grabbed another beer.

"I don't know what to do here. I can't leave them alone, they don't know anyone. But, I can't leave you drinking like this."

"I'm not your responsibility Lucas." She opened her beer and walked with Maya to the dance floor. His heart fell, he would have to keep an eye on her from afar.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

UH OH!

BAILEY?! What, oh wait I knew that was going to happen lol. Let me know what y'all think!