Chapter Forty-Eight

Moments later, An elf ran up to the group and interrupted, "Prince Legolas! My lord! The girl...you are needed!" He spoke hurriedly.

Legolas clenched his fists and turned his attention to the elf, "What's going on?"

"We were trying to secure her to the horse so we had to untie her feet...w-when she kicked Nolwen. But he didn't budge and she fell off..." The elf swallowed before continuing, "The horse got spooked and tried to bolt...and well, it trampled the girl's foot."

"Is she okay?" Nikandros asked urgently.

The elf ignored Nikandros, not even glancing at him.

Legolas blinked slowly and sighed, "Alright. Where is she?"

"Please! Let me see her!" Nikandros begged.

"You are not going anywhere." Legolas said impassively as he started following the elf to Thea.

"I won't try to escape! Please!"

Legolas ignored him and was soon to the other side of camp.

Thea was sprawled on the ground, her hands still bound, but her feet were not. She was crying softly as a group of elves stood around her, unsure of what to do. Legolas bent down by her and looked at her feet. He withheld a gasp when he located the foot that had been trampled.

It was cocked at a weird angle, already turning black and blue. It was obvious that it was broken. Legolas carefully grasped the foot in his hands and felt along it, trying to feel how bad the injury was. Thea cried out when he touched it, but he didn't stop.

Analia had followed Legolas to where Thea was lying on the ground. Her eyes widened as she saw Thea's broken foot.

Thea continued screaming and crying for Legolas to stop. He didn't until he had finished his examination, even though he didn't wish to cause her pain.

When he had finished, Legolas stood up and turned to the group of elves, "We will have to delay our journey until this is taken care of. Nolwen, choose three other elves to be on watch. Everyone else, finish preparing to leave. We will try to leave within an hour."

Analia walked over to Nolwen, "I can be one of the elves on watch." She offered.

Nolwen nodded, "That will be fine-"

"No. I need Analia." Legolas interrupted. He looked at her, "You are the closet thing to a healer we have right now. I need your help with the girl."

"M-me?" Analia asked, a little astonished.

"Yes, you." Legolas answered, a little crossly.

"Sorry, my lord."

He just sighed, "It's fine, Analia. Just please come help me. I am about fed up with these humans."

Analia walked over to Thea and looked at her, "This is going to hurt, but I need to get your foot back in shape."

She shook her head, "No, please don't! Please..." She sobbed.

"It's okay." Analia smiled encouragingly, "It'll be quick."

"No! It hurts too much. D-don't touch it!" She repeated.

"You won't be able to walk if we don't do this." Analia said softly, "Is that what your husband would want?" She added for good measure.

"Leave...me alone!" Thea screamed.

Legolas shook his head, "I'm going to bring her over to her husband. Maybe he can calm her down." He brought his arms around Thea and hoisted her up into his arms with a grunt.