The "Boondock" Kids

*****

It took forever for Nakeem and Christie to change into their 'new' clothes. They took turns, one would turn around whilst the other would change. They didn't say words, and when they ever did made eye contact, it was always a glare.

They leave the fancy cabin, Christie behind Nakeem in a flowery summer dress and pumps. Nakeem wears his provided tux, looking dashing, his dreads tied low behind him.

They follow the music down the walk. "Damn. How big is this boat..." Nakeem mumbles after a few seconds, making Christie roll her eyes.

Inside, a band plays classical music, all dressed in fancy suits. Others around also wear their own fancy attires, that it looks a royal ball. Most people look older than the teens, it was easy to tell because most held wine glasses in their hands. Others who looked younger, spoke to each other in groups or just dance.

"Ah! Nakeem, Christie! Glad you could join us," Pierre says as he walks to them from nowhere.

"Yep..." Christie whispers, crossing her arms.

"When's this yatch getting back to France?" Nakeem asks. "Because-"

"Relax!" Pierre interrupts. "I understand you are stressed. Just calm down, oui? Enjoy. After all you've been through it shouldn't be too hard, please, I insist." Pierre gives them a friendly smile. He shows them the tables where people eat and a small buffet, where people dish out their food before walking away.

Christie and Nakeem look around feeling uneasy. Christie takes a small glance at the handsome teen. She bites the inside of her cheek.

The moment we get back to shore, I need to capture him. He's sure slippery. Maybe I can get one of Shadow's men...but if I do call him he'll send his men here to terrorise these innocents...

Nakeem looks down at her, hearing her curse to herself in Spanish. "What's your problem?"

She glares at him. "What's your faces problem?"

Nakeem begins to say something, but not before he hears, "Hello?" He turns his head at the soft, feminine voice. "Um...hi..." she greets shyly. Nakeem raises an eyebrow at her long red gown, her long blonde hair down her back and her shiny, hazel eyes. "I am Charlotte." She holds her hand out to the two.

Nakeem shakes her hand, "Nakeem."

Christie does the same. "Christie."

"I heard of your situation, my father, Pierre told me. I am so sorry..." Charlotte says, putting a hand to her chest. "Your lucky to be alive."

"Heh, thanks for reminding us," Nakeem says with a chuckle. "Were good. Just gonna crash with ya'll till we get to France..."

And I can get away from this chick.

"Are you two..." Charlotte glances at the both of them. "Together?"

Nakeem and Christie exchange disgusted looks. "Psh. He wishes," Christie says with a ping of sass in her voice.

"Naw girl, you wish," Nakeem attacks, straightening his suit, knowing how dashing he is.

"Then...you will not mind if I dance with him?" Charlotte asks shyly.

Christie snorts. "Take him. Gladly."

Nakeem just glares at her as Charlotte takes his hand, making him raise an eyebrow. She gently pulls him to an open spot on the wooden floor, in front of the band playing classical music. She places her hands on his broad shoulders as he wraps his arms around her lower back. They begin to sway to the music.