The 'Boondocks' Kids

*****

Huey was the first to awake and let his wife sleep. He prepares himself a cup of coffee and sits down at the large circular table in the centre of the kitchen, reading the morning newspaper that was tossed on the front yard a few minutes ago.

"Hey daddy!" He looks up and sees Trisha walk in. She gives him a brief hug before browsing through the food in the cabinet.

"Morning, Trish," Huey says without looking up. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good actually!" Trisha sits down next to him with a glass of juice. "But my neck hurts actually."

"From what?"

"Nothing!" She smiles as her father gives her a weird look.

"Sup, pops," Nakeem walks in with his pajamas as well, his short dreads down his shoulders.

"Nakeem."

He sits down across him and Trisha, scratching the back of his neck. "So. What're our plans for the day?"

"Excuse me?"

"This is like a vacation right?"

"Were in Chicago. Not the Bahamas. Stop asking me ridiculous questions," Huey says looking up from his newspaper. "Were here to spend time with the family."

"Because mum said so-"

"Shut up before I call Granddad to beat you for me."

"Mooorniiiing!" They all look at the entrance to the kitchen to see Ashley standing there. In a silk gown with one sleep down showing her bare shoulder and bra strap.

Nakeem grins.

Huey hits the back of his head with the rolled up newspaper. "Ow! What I-"
"Go unpack. Now."

"Damn..." Nakeem stands up rubbing the back of his head, but doesn't forget to eye Ashley before he leaves.

Ashley sits down in his spot. "Morning, Huey! And...eh...Nicki."

Trisha glares at her. "Sup slut."

"Trisha. You go unpack too," Huey orders.

"Hm. Gladly!" Trisha stands up with her glass and sticks her tongue at Ashley before walking out after her brother. Ashley forces a smile. "She still doesn't like me does she?"

"Obviously."

"But you do...don't you." She winks.

".....if thinking that keeps you sane, than sure. Whatever."

"Hu-"

"I'm a happily married man with a family I love, Ashley. Lay off."

"...you'll come around. You know being with this old ass was the only way I'd get closer to you..."

"And the money." Huey squints his eyes. It was clear that she was a gold digger. Granddad spoilt her like a queen.

She shrugs. "Well I-"

"Hey Uncle Huey!" Janet walks in and frowns when she sees the blonde across him. "Morning, Ashley."

"Hey," they say at the same time.

Janet sits down next to Huey and he almost grins. Almost. Once again, Janet was favoured even by her Uncle Huey. He loved his kids; he loved every one. Buuut living with teenagers could be quite annoying.

"Sweety. Me and you Uncle were just talking. Could you leave us please?" Ashley gives her her sweetest smile.

"Hehe. No," Janet smiles back with that same sarcastic smile. "Actually, Granddaddy was asking for you."