The 'Boondock' Kids

You know how this thing is only meant to have one chapter? Yeah. I lied (Blush) But I'm definitely sure ya'll don't mind. :-)

Characters involved (There a lot so I don't want people confused)

Huey Freeman
Jazmine Freeman
Nakeem Freeman (son)
Trisha Freeman (daughter)
___________
Riley Freeman (Huey's bro)
Cindy McPearson (Riley's girlfriend)
Janet Freeman (daughter)
___________
Aunt Cookie (Huey's aunt)
Robert Freeman (You ALL know him)
Ashley (Robert's young wife)
___________
Michael Caesar (Huey's best friend)
Tinashe Caesar (Caesar's wife)
Tyrone Caesar (Caesar's son)

*****

The Freeman family all sits down at the dinner table. Nakeem stares down at his game portable that Jazmine had gotten him because she was just that generous. Trisha stares down at her phone and texts rapidly with a smirk plastered on her face the entire time. Huey, done eating reads the newspaper. They all do something except for Jazmine who just plays with her food using her fork, depressed with the silence taking place in the room.

"Okay that's it." Jazmine drops her fork and rubs her temple with both her hands. "That's it." The loud echo of the fork interrupts everyone's activity. Trisha and Nakeem raise their dark eyebrows at their father.

Something they had inherited from their father.

"What's your problem?" Trisha asks first before looking back down at her I-phone.

"Your all my problem!" Jazmine says. "This family is so antisocial! I mean really-look at us!"

"Hey. Blame dad," Nakeem says nodding towards Huey.

Huey continues to read his newspaper.

"Are you even listening to me??" Jazmine says to him.

"Yes."

Her hand reaches out and yanks the newspaper from him, tearing it in the process. "Jazmine!"

"Oh don't you 'Jazmine' me!" She stands up. "I'm so tired of sitting down in silence, typing or texting or whatever! Its not healthy, especially when were together like this! We should socialise! Tell each other about our day!"

Everyone else just looks at her.

Nakeem looks down and frowns. "Aww mum! I died! Damn it! Now I gotta start the level again!" He stands up and goes upstairs.

Trisha's phone rings and she answers. "Hey! Omg girl you will not believe what happend this morning! So like..." She stands up too and casually walks upstairs, forgetting her mother's whole outburst.

Jazmine just gapes at the stares open mouthed. She slowly sits back down.

Huey looks at her for a moment. "That's a shame..." Jazmine looks at him. "...a damn shame?" He shrugs one shoulder.

Jazmine glares at him.

*****

"This is stupid," Trisha says the next morning as she drags her suitcase down the stairs. "I don't get why we have these family things. Its too soon."

"Too soon? Trish, last time the whole family hung out was last Christmas," Nakeem says as he takes her luggage from her and places it in the boot. "We've even started talking like white people." He chuckles.

"Nigga please. Ah can talk like dis if ah wanna!" Trisha throws her hands up.

"Bitch shut up," Nakeem says. "Ah can talk like dis if ah wanna to!"