The "Boondock" Kids

*****

Tyrone and Caesar walk in as they eye Janet and her outfit. She just rolls her eyes. "So what's the occasion little Janny?" Caesar asks.

"Oh nothing! Just thought I'd try something new!" She checks the time on her phone. "I gotta go! See you later!" She kisses Caesar on the cheek and gives Tyrone a quick hug before running out.

Caesar watches the door slam with an open mouth. "Did she just kiss me on the cheek? And hug you? No fist bumps?"

Tyrone chuckles with a shrug. "Maybe today she realised she doesn't have a dick."

"Watch that language," Caesar says. They look at each other in a tense silence than Caesar laughs. "Okay I have to admit, that was a good one."

Tyrone smiles. He loved his father and his charisma, so much that most times he even forgot that he was a parent. He was like a teen trapped in an old dudes body.

They walk into the kitchen to find Trisha in her same spot. She almost gasps, recapping the day before when he and Tyrone almost kissed. That was so embarrassing.

Tyrone just smirks, knowing what she's nervous about.

"Morning, Trish," Caesar says.

"Hey Uncle Caes. Sup, Ty."

He nods at her. "Where the others? Riley told me that Ashley got kicked out! Man I wish I saw that."

"Um, in the living room."

He thanks her before walking out, leaving the teens. Tyrone sits down next to a red faced Trisha and glances down at her phone, to see its showing her contact list, his name there with a heart next to it. He smirks as Trisha snatches the phone and shoves it into her pocket.

"I see you missed me," he says.

"Oh whatever. They're hearts next to all names on my contact list," she defends.

He nods. "Sure."

She rolls her eyes. "Oh whatever."

He flings an arm over her shoulders. She eyes his arm for a moment with a raised eyebrow and slowly pulls it off her. "Were not at that stage yet."

"Yeah? What stage are we on then? Hand holding?" Tyrone smiles, seeing what she's doing.

"Yes." She smiles back.

"What about...kisses?"

Her smile widens. "Innocent kisses on the cheek."

He shrugs. "I guess I'll tolerate it...for now." He winks.

*****

"Bye, Aunt Cin. I'll see you later. Please don't forget to tell mum and dad," Nakeem says as he walks to the door.

"Hold up, boy. You seen Janet?" Cindy says before he walks out.

"She left earlier. Didn't tell me where she was going though," Nakeem shuts the door.

"Damn. I never see that girl anymo...Riley! Where Janet go?!"

"Ion know!"

"Quiet damnit! I'm tryna watch mah Netflix!!!" Granddad yells from the living room.

*****

Janet walks on that same street, it doesn't look shady this time because of the daylight. She catches the eyes of many as she struts down the street and under the highway.

She stops when she sees a dark haired boy leaning on the wall, texting. He looks up with his brown eyes that move up and down her body, but his face stays emotionless.