Chapter 9: Into the Dark

I awoke feeling fully rested for the first time in a week. I looked up at Jackson and noticed he was staring at me. I sat up and stretched, "How long have you been staring at me?"

"A while." I fell back in bed feeling too comfortable in Jackson's arms. Today we were going back to my Pack, Charles had bought two tickets for us, he told me we would just do the introduction ceremony after our "honeymoon" which then led him to lecture me about the importance of the pack's future, and how Jackson and I would...contribute. I felt myself blush at the thought, although we weren't really going on a honeymoon, it gave me butterflies  to think of Jackson in that way. I shifted at the thought.

"What are you thinking about?" He said with a smirk on his face, my eyes widened as my face turned tomatoe red. It seemed like my face turned a darker shade of red at the realization that Jackson was only wearing boxers. My mind seemed to act in slow motion, lucky for me there was an urgent knock on the door. Jackson groaned at his ruined fun, he smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss before going to answer the door. 

"Hey big bro, I got you both breakfast." Chad came in with a smile. Chad set down a tray on the bed that had two plates of eggs,  toast, and two mugs.

"That looks delicious, thanks Chad." I said as I leaned in to grab the blue mug. Jackson rolled his eyes, still upset about Chad ruining the moment.

"Oh, That's Jackson's coffee, I brought you tea." Chad grabbed the mug from my hand and gave me the red one.

"Oh sorry." I said and took a sip of my tea. Chad gave me a strange sad look  before smiling and leaving the room.

Serena's P.O.V

"It's done, I wanna see Isabella" Chad said to me over the phone.

"Fine. I'll make sure to send you the meeting arrangements. In fact, you can keep her" I knew I'd probably regret this decision later. I hung up and texted Richard, the guy I was paying to keep Isabella prisoner, to leave her a mile away from the Indigo territory. It didn't matter if they were together, they were going to die in the end, all of them were.

I smiled, my plan was going perfectly. Charle's was going to pay for what he had done.

~~Flash back~~

"Oh stop your sulking, at least he's handsome." My mother frowned at my depressed mood. We were about to enter the Indigo territory. I missed Ben, I hadn't seen him since my father threatened to kill him if I didn't go meet Charles. My mom stopped the car as two muscular men approached us.

"Hello gentlemen, we're here to see Alpha Robert and his son Charles."  

"Names?"

"Elizabeth and Serena Deynira "

The men nodded and let us through. I would of admired how beautiful the surroundings were if I weren't in such a bad mood. My cellphone lit up, signaling an incoming call from Ben. I ignored it since I was with my mother, I would have to call him back later. We finally arrived at a huge house. Charles and Robert stood outside waiting for us.

"Hello Elizabeth, it's so great to see you again" Robert said as we got out of the car, "Your daughter looks so much like you." he smiled at me. I bowed politely and stayed quiet. Charles kept glancing at me, my mother was right, he was handsome but he wasn't Ben.

"Charle's meet Serena, your future wife."

~~~~~~

Sophie's P.O.V

I was taking a shower when the nausea hit me. I felt my body sway and I leaned on the wall to hold myself steady. what the heck? My vision blurred and I slid down to the ground as the room spun.

"Jackson!" I called out. I tried to stand but ended up on the ground again, I reached out for the towel and wrapped it around my body. I heard Jackson come into the room. "I need help." 

"I'm opening the door, alright?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me. The door opened and Jackson turned off the water before leaning in to get me. He picked me up and I groaned as the world kept spinning around. I buried my face into Jackson's chest and closed my eyes. I heard Becca run into the room.

"What happened?" she looked concerned. Jackson laid me down on the bed but I gripped his shirt, not wanting him to leave me. My body felt like it was burning up, Jackson ordered Becca to go get the pack doctor. I stared at Jackson and...his twin? I felt him press his hand against my forehead. "God Sophie, you're burning up."  My muscles tensed as pain shot throughout my body, I screamed and tightened my grip on Jackson's shirt. The Pack doctor came running in with Becca, Chad, and Charles. The doctor instructed Becca and Chad to get some towels soaked in cold water. I felt hot tears running down my face and stared at Jackson as the doctor stuck a needle in my arm, I kept eye contact with Jackson as the world slowly started fading to black. 

Chad's P.O.V 

The pack doctor shooed Becca and I out of Sophie's room to get towels. My phone vibrated and I quickly pulled out to check if it was Serena.

Isabella's free.

I left Becca and ran out of the pack house. Using my mind link, I tried locating my mate. I ran towards the direction I was sensing she was in. I suddenly saw a figure staggering through the trees. "Isabella?" I ran faster as adrenaline rushed through my veins.

"Chad?!" I hugged my mate and breathed in her scent. God I missed her. I felt tears run down my face as I pulled away to look at her face. She had bruises throughout her body, I held her close and smiled. "You're safe now, it's ok" I shushed her and wiped the tears that were running down her face. I bent down and kissed her softly, feeling like she was fragile and that at any moment she would disappear on me again. Isabella looked up at me and smiled. I picked her up bridal style and kissed her forehead.

"Let's go home." 

_____________ 

Let me know what you think! Comment below

:)