Chapter 7: A Father's Confession

After Chad's pleasant interruption, I went to try to find where Jackson had headed off to. Instead I ran into Becca. Literally. "I'm so sorry, I should of paid more attention." Becca extended her hand out to help me up.

"It's ok, but what's going on? Did they get rid of the rogues yet?"

"No, but we should get you to your room safely, I know Jackson would kill me if I didn't." She smiled and linked her arm through mine to go to the house. I looked behind me, my wolf wanted to go and stand to fight beside her mate, not wait for him. Becca noticed that I was a bit reluctant and turned to face me.

"Don't worry about Jackson, he'll be fine, we got to make sure everyone who can't fight is staying safe in their homes."

I suppose she was right, but it still didn't stop me from worrying. We went from home to home, checking on the elderly, women, the injured and making sure no children were out. Afterwards Becca and I headed back into the main house.

"Were you able to finish unpacking?" Becca asked me as we headed up stairs into my room. I shook my head, since I hadn't been sure whether Jackson would accept me as his mate.

"I'll help you unpack while we wait for Jackson to come back then."

I smiled gratefully at Becca, "Thanks, that'd help me out a lot." I got my duffel bag from the closet and set it on the bed. Becca grabbed a couple of hangers as I unzipped it and threw everything inside of it out.

"So what was Jackson like when you guys went to highschool?" Becca asked me as she started taking some tops and putting them on the hangers.

"Well he didn't have the best reputation," I said trying to put it as nicely as possible, "Let's just say he had a lot of lady friends at the time." 

Becca laughed, "Oh I bet, were you guys friends at the time?" I shook my head.

"No, I never really thought we would end up together." I folded my socks and underwear putting into one of the drawers, "Why didn't you go to Campus?"

Becca sighed, "I wanted to when Jackson went off, but my mom was really sick at the time. I decided to stay and take care of her."

"Is she doing better now at least?"

"Yeah, luckily she's been responding really well to new medication. I was able to go to the Moon ceremony actually"

"Did you find your mate then?" Becca smiled and nodded, "Yeah, He's actually going to move into our pack soon." I looked at Becca in surprise.

"Does Jackson know?" Becca sat down on the bed and sighed.

"No, that's the reason I'm here and not with my mate, I wanted to tell Jackson before my mate moved in." I put my empty duffel bag under the bed and sat next to Becca.

"I've known Jackson since we were in diapers, but he's basically the only guy friend I've ever had. I'm a bit nervous about how he'll feel now that I have mate now."

I nodded. "I'm sure Jackson will understand." I looked at Becca curiously "What Pack is he in?"

"The Bluemoon Pack." I stared at Becca in shock.

"That's my pack!" I chuckled, "What's his name?"

"Jayden." I laughed even harder.

"Jayden is one of my closest friends."  Becca and I talked about Jayden. She asked me all sorts of questions about him and my Pack. She seemed to be less nervous about him now that she knew more about her mate. I assured her she would be welcomed with open arms into his family. Jayden was a great guy, she'd have no problems with him.