Chapter 8: Broken and Helpless

I shut my laptop, unsure of what to make of my father's sudden revelation. I was basically a ticking time bomb. Who knew when my, as Jackson and dad put it, Night-Walker blood would "awaken". Would I then be a violent monster with no self control? I laid down on the bed. I didn't want to hurt anybody in this pack or anywhere else. There had to be a way to be able to control myself when the time came.

"Sophie, we'll figure it out." Jackson kneeled down beside me and grabbed my hand, I turned my head to look at him. "How? It's not like there's any Night-walkers left." Jackson gave me a questioning look.

"Are you sure? Maybe you're mother's pack is still around." I sat up wondering if they had been in hiding since the death of my mother.

"I know, we'll go to visit your dad, see if maybe he has anything that could help us find them." I nodded, the thought of not only being able to meet my mother's side of the family but to be able to travel with Jackson alone made my wolf excited.

"Alright, I'll go talk to my father about a trip to go see your dad."  Jackson sat down next to me and  gave me a reassuring smile, I leaned over to hug him. "Thank you" I said, before I could pull away I felt Jackson's lips on mine. His arms wrapped around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved closer to him to deepen the kiss.  Jackson leaned over me causing me to press my back down on the bed. Our lips still pressed to each other, moving in sync. As our breathes become ragged, Jackson pulls away. His eyes were dark and lustful. I wondered if mine were the same.

"I better go tell my dad." Jackson said in a husky voice. I nodded, still breathing heavily. "So we can go as fast as possible."  

"Right." I chuckled when I noticed Jackson hadn't moved a bit. "Go." I smiled and shook my head at him, we'd have plenty of alone time on the trip. 

Serena's P.O.V 

I picked up the picture of Benjamin. In three days, it would be the anniversary of his death.

"Soon, I will avenge your death." I laid down on the hotel bed. I had been staying here to make sure Chad did as I said. Though with his smart-mouthed little mate in my grasp that wouldn't be so hard. It had been 25 years since I'd seen my own mate. I felt tears threaten to fall as I remembered meeting Benjamin.

~~~Flashback~~~

-Serena 18 years old-

"No Victor! I do not approve of that mongrel being my daughter's mate, I don't care what she thinks! She is an Alpha's daughter, she deserves more than a lowly Human!" I choked back a sob as I heard my mother and father fight about what they were going to do about my mate. It wasn't fair, Ben and I were meant to be together. I already loved him in ways my mother and father would never understand. I left my hiding spot and went to find Ben, I had to tell him, maybe we could leave, start a family of our own. 

"Serena! Come back here." I heard my mother yell, I reluctantly turned around, "Don't you even dare go see that boy. Your Father and I have decided that you will be married off to the future Alpha of the Indigo pack, Charles."

"You can't make me! I love Ben more than anything in the world!"  My mother scoffed at me.

"And what do you know of love? You will marry Charles and that is all." 

I ran out of the house. Ben lived a couple of miles away from my Pack, not a lengthy distance for a werewolf. I knocked on his door and waited impatiently. Finally Ben appeared.

"Serena?" I kissed Ben longingly, I wanted him to be mine. I felt my canines extend. Mark him I heard my wolf say. I kissed my way down to his neck as he shut the door behind us. I gently bit down into his neck, I felt him grip my waist tightly. Serena, he whispered dreamily as I continued to complete the marking.  I pulled my canines out. The deed had been done, we were mates and nothing, not even my mother, could keep us apart.

"Does this mean I'm all yours?" Ben said as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Forever." 

~~~

Sophie's P.O.V

It was evening and I sat by the lake waiting for Jackson to finish tending to Pack business. I would normally want to join him, but there was too much on my mind. I was hoping I'd be able to find the Night-walkers, my life depended on it.  The quietness of the lake helped ease my mind. I looked at the moon's reflection and I closed my eyes, as a soft breeze blew. I heard Jackson's voice in my head. "I'll be at the lake shortly"

Jackson appeared a few minutes later.

"My dad agreed to the trip." I smiled and stood up to go back to the house. I had already called my dad and told him of our plans. He had agreed to it and said he would start looking through the boxes in the attic, which was where he kept all of mom's old stuff.

Jackson and I walked silently, each in our own little worlds. I felt Jackson's hand intertwine through mine. I looked up at him and smiled liking the warmth of his hand.  We approached the house, Jackson lifted my hand and kissed it  before letting it go to open the door.  We went up the stairs quietly, I headed into my room and was surprised when Jackson followed me inside. I gave him a confused look. Jackson took his shirt off and his pants until he was in just boxers. I stood there speechless.

"Umm?"

Jackson smirked at me and patted the empty space next to him. I rolled my eyes and went to to the closet. I thought about how this would be the second time I'd sleep with Jackson, only this time was different.

"Don't look." Jackson nodded and I pulled my shirt off and replaced it with a tanktop. I pulled my jean shorts down and quickly put some soft cotton shorts on.

"Aw but I was enjoying the view" I heard Jackson whine. I approached the other side of the bed and smacked Jackson as I pulled the covers on me.

Chad's P.O.V

My father and I worked in silence as we looked over some of the Pack's paper work. I looked over at his computer and noticed there was a window open to buy plane tickets. "Going somewhere?" I asked as my father as he leaned back and stretched.

"No, Jackson and Sophie are." I stared at my dad in alarm. I still hadn't decided how I was going to give Sophie the potion but I couldn't let them leave.

"When are they coming back?" I prayed he would say in three days, I don't know what I'd do. Serena wasn't one to accept change so easily.

"I'm not sure, they didn't say, Jackson just had me buy a one way ticket." I stood up abruptly and left the room, I put Bella's life at risk. I knew Serena wouldn't hesitate to kill her if I told her that Sophie might not even be here. I sighed as I heard my cell phone ring. Well speak of the devil. "Hello Chad, How is everything going?"

"They're leaving. Sophie won't be here in three days" I suddenly heard a a familiar voice in the background. "Isabella?"

"Go with them" I kept listening for Isabella, why was she screaming? "You better not hurt her." I gripped the cellphone, frustrated that Serena wasn't keeping her end of the deal and not keeping my mate away from harm.

"I can't, it's their honeymoon, it would make them suspicious." I felt like I was going to puke. "What are you doing to her?" I yelled at Serena, I was tired of having to do things for this bitch. I still hadn't been able to track Isabella and it was making my wolf impatient and agitated. I felt like I was going to go off any second, I was on edge all the time with her being captured, but if I told anyone, Serena would find out, and she wouldn't hesitate to kill my mate.

"Chad!" I heard Isabella scream out, I slid down to the floor feeling broken and helpless.

__________

Let me know what you think! Comment below

:)