Signs as settings

aries
the empty lawn after a popular, outdoor concert, littered with confetti and a few lingering fans that are trying to savor the energy of the night by dancing carelessly in the field that is still lit by the bright stage lights. they continue even as the lights shut off and the stars gently illuminate the surroundings in replacement. in this moment, it's as if everything but their heartbeats seems to freeze in time.

taurus
a sumptuous hotel located on the outskirts of a quaint town that is too small to be noted on any maps, but its desolation gives it a certain charm. the inn only occasionally books guests- travelers of many different backgrounds who all need a place to relax and refresh their mind; oddly they all feel a sense of familiarity rush over them just as they enter the lobby, almost like they've come home.

gemini
a prominent outdoor plaza that serves as the main attraction in an anomalous boomtown. the blue sky that hangs above always accompanies fluffy, white clouds. an abundance of fashion shops and ice cream parlors cover the area, surrounding an inventive fountain that citizens often throw pennies into, silently making their wishes. even still, the hectic complex fills with sounds of the chatter of lively visitors enjoying the active scene.

cancer
the exquisite pier that stands at the edge of a small, placid beach town where everyone knows each other by name and collectively works together to maintain their hospitable reputation. tourists who stumble across this town fall in love with the tranquil environment and convivial residents. before departing, they carve their initials into the lofty beams of the pier as a promise to return to the lovely community again someday.

leo
the polished deck of a luxury cruise line where young guests congregate to prepare for a sleepless night as they watch the sun set behind the horizon of the surrounding ocean, radiating explosive shades of red. after the red sky fades to a deep blue, loud music erupts from the speakers and an unforgettable party begins. all worries disappeared with the sun and the night is strictly one of untroubled memories.

virgo
a narrow, hidden street alley that connects a sophisticated, urban town to a thriving orchard which is a world of its own. the alley turns into a beaten down path that leads to concourses of apple trees that the city children climb for a taste of the succulent fruit, as they look out and gaze upon the perfectly aligned rows of trees that stretch for miles in an unfamiliar direction they never knew they could wander.

libra
a simple and gorgeous lake house in a neighborhood of pleasantly colorful homes which all surround a quiet, turquoise lake that reflects unique, breathtaking sunset colors every evening. this is a place where summer seems to never end and cordial, lakeside barbecues are a daily tradition, complete with parents' laughter and young romance.

scorpio
the open rooftop of a tall skyscraper in a constantly evolving city, simultaneously in the middle of everything yet so far away from it all, scattered with strings of dimmed fairy lights. the only sound to be heard from the building is the distant whisper of traffic and rushed commotion on the streets, which seems to be silenced as two lovers share their first kiss stories above.

sagittarius
a wide meadow of overgrown grass that sways fiercely even at the touch of a soft breeze. bold adventurers excitably prepare their enormous hot air balloons for daring expeditions they've only dreamt about their entire life. the vibrant spheres rise out of the field's heavy morning fog and into the liberating air, loaded with eager drifters who graciously let the wind determine their destination.

capricorn
a minimally decorated, but enchanting ballroom located in the dull part of a developing metropolis. the room is lit by a singular, luminescent chandelier and is full of strangers masquerading their troubles away, even just for a moment, and becoming completely immersed in the charming music and somewhat special company of people they may never see again.

aquarius
a retro diner located off of a dark and winding road that wraps deep into the heart of a seasonal forest, operated by a family of carefree misfits whose minds can be compared to the neon "open twenty-four hours" sign that flickers on and off throughout the night, almost synchronized with the thousands of fireflies that populate the enthralling woodland that encompasses the dazzling restaurant.

pisces
an intricate, wooden gazebo concealed by a large forest of giant willow trees. the surrounding trees all carry several tire swings dangling off the branches like delicate ornaments beneath the birds who reside in the layer above, belting their melodies. the timeless location is only to be discovered by a few lost souls who will return time and time again to this secret, mystical getaway.