Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Recap:
"So we all know that Youtube channel Girl Behind the Mic right?" Kate said.

I froze and turned to the stage. What was she going to do? Wait a minute, I froze at the girl who was about to reveal my identity.

Why was there so much drama at a prom?

---

And there I stood as Kate had a grin plastered over her face.

"Of course you all have, she's amazing, who am I kidding. Anyways I thought you should see a clip from one of her best videos."

After one minute of me singing, indirectly of course. She got back on stage.

"Well, isn't she good." Kate said with her hand on her hip as she held a microphone with her perfectly manicured fingers. As her flowy red dress dragged behind her on the floor.

"Well I bet you all want to know who she is. And guess what?" Kate said looking straight at me, "She's in the room right now."

As I turned around to search for Claire, she wasn't there. Neither was Jonathan or Tyler.

"Well guys meet Girl Behind the Mic, also known as Emily Thomas, a nerdy goody two shoes." Kate said as a spotlight was drawn onto me.

I blinked a little bit and looked who was pointing the spotlight. Claire? H-How could she?

She mouthed a 'Sorry' and I ran out of the room. Running as fast as I could in the heels I bought with Jonathan's money, I decided to take them off as I waited for the elevator.

The elevator opened and it closed before someone tried to get in.

No. No. No. I'm so stupid. Why did I even make a Youtube Channel? Let alone post a stupid video! I should have known I couldn't have kept the secret forever.

I'm even more stupid for trusting Claire. I thought to myself as tears ran down my face. And to think we were friends. I'm so stupid!

Getting out of the elevator, I didn't care about my appearance. As I exited the hotel, I stood outside waiting for my mom, heels in hand.

Why me? Why me? I never did anything bad. I was the girl who just wanted to simply skip by high school and head off to my dream college. Then get married with some sweet guy and live happily ever after. But no, all I get is drama and tears.

"Emily! Wait let me explain!" Claire said as she ran outside.

Honk!

"Honey what's wrong?" My mom questioned as she walked up to me.

"Nothing, let's just go." I said and opened the door and got into the back seat.

When I got into the backseat she asked me why Claire was waiting outside with her make-up messed up and her crying. I said it was nothing and when we got home, I changed out of the stupid dress and threw everything related to the prom in a stupid bag and into the back of my closet. I didn't want to remember anything of this night.

My best friend betrayed me, my identity got revealed, and two guys fought over me. And I still haven't made up my mind.

As I began to take out my contact lenses, I did my nightly routines and then heard a knock at the door.

"Emily, Claire's here to see you." My mom said

"Tell her to go away." I said before turning off my lamp and climbing into bed

"She really needs to talk to you." My mom pointed out the obvious.

"Tell her to go away. Just tell everyone go away." I said and hid under my sheets.

"Honey, I think she walked here. She was out of breath and holding her heels."

"Tell the backstabber to go away. And stay away from me, forever." I said.

"I'll try." She said and I heard footsteps before falling asleep.

I sighed in relief. I just needed some sleep.

---

I woke up to the sound of someone snoring. What in the world? My mom didn't sleep in my room did she?

I looked to my right to see a sleeping Claire on the floor. What did my mom think when I said for her to go away? To let her sleep here?

I sat up and walked into the bathroom. When I got back Claire was sitting up and smiling.

I ignored her and left the room.

"Emily, I can explain." She said and followed me as I walked down the stairs.

"Go away."

"Please, Em!" She said.

"Just go and hang with Kate. I'm sure she'd love your company!" I said before entering the kitchen.

"Emily, I had to do it or Kate would spill my secret."

"Your the one who let Kate spill mine!" I said.

"My sister accidentally hit someone with her car!" Claire blurted out, "Kate somehow found my address and came to my house and said her mom had gotten hit by a car. Also that the car came to my house after."

"Well then how in the world did she manage to find out my secret then? Share secrets with your new bestie?" I asked.

"I accidentally blurted it out okay!! Accidents happen!" Claire said.

"Just go away."

"Fine. Whatever." She said before going to the door. She stopped and looked at me, "But I never meant to hurt you. I mean the whole revealing your identity thing is going to make you popular anyways." And with that, she left with a her bag and I screamed into a pillow as she closed the front door.

I didn't want popularity!