Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Exiting the stage, I took off the itchy wig immediately and set it on the make-up table.

Pauline didn't waste any time waving over someone to start fixing my make-up and as soon as I knew it people began to poke my face again.

"Close your eyes, hun." A sweet brunette who looked about the age of a sophmore said and began dabbing something on my eyelids.

Opening my eyes as told, Kate was behind me and looking a bit pissed off. In her big blue dress she pouted as to why she wasn't going to be wearing the pink dress with white fabric at the bottom.

Saying it was prettier than the mess of blue fabric she was currently wearing, the girl who had designed that dress began to tear up and ran out the door. She was only a freshman and had created a beautiful dress, poor Stacy McGregor.

Sighing, Kate was pushed onto the stage along with Tim and the music began. I was done with make-up touch ups and fixations and Pauline didn't hesitate to shove me and a dress in the changing room. Slipping the lovely pink and white fabric I walked out and tossed my clothes into my bag and was handed a pair of heels.

Putting those on, another girl put jewelery on me along with arranging my wig's hair nicely onto my head.

As Kate and Tim's song came to an end, I was sent to enter from the exit doors with Tyler. Walking down the hall, I took off my shoes as my feet touched the cold flooring.

Getting to the exit, people looked at me weird, heels in hand. As I slipped them back on I fastly made my over to Tyler. He smiled at me and we were sent the cue to run in.

"Wait we're here!" Tyler said running on the opposite aisle.

"Wait! Wait!" I yelled.

"I called three times." The girl playing Ms. Darbus said.

"Please, please." I said.

"Fine." She sighed and Kasey smiled and waved us over.

Taking the lab coat off I threw the goggles off and was handed a mic.

Tyler took off his athletic jacket and was dragged offstage, handed a change of clothes I caught a glimpse of him shirtless. All I can say is wow.

Props were moved in not so subtly as the moon was basically pushed in by juniors in somewhat bright clothing. One waved to the audience as another shoved him backstage.

Tyler ran back onstage and grabbed a mic. The cast for the basketball team entered along with cheerleaders, extras, all of them. And all sat down.

From having to sit next to him the first day and singing a duet with him today. I knew my feelings torwards him. But this was not the end, only the start.

"We're soarin, flyin. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach." Tyler began, his soft voice being as comforting as his hand wrapping over mine.

"If we're trying. So we're breaking free." I sang softer than intended.

"You know the world can see us, in a way that's different than who we are." Tyler sang.

"Creating space between us, til we're separate hearts." I sang and backed away from him, letting out hands go.

"But your faith it gives me strength, strength to believe." We sang together.

The music picked up and Tyler began to sing his part for the chorus,"We're breaking free."

"We're soaring," I sang a bit louder.