HC 11/ Sorry I killed your panda

3rd person POV

(Pretend that Octavian is alive and well)

It was a sunny day, perfect for a picnic outside, or a swim in the lake, or a nap in one's warm bed. After all, it's never a bad time for nap time.

This is what Percy wanted to do. But he couldn't.

Chiron was saying that the demigods had been getting lazier. All they wanted to ever do was sleep or eat.

"If we had electronics, no one would ever come outside." he would say.

So that's why Chiron made the new rule that everyone had to be outside every Saturday. They didn't necessarily have to be training, as long as they were active. The only excuse there was, was that you were sick. Percy considered using that excuse on this particular Saturday, but with Grover's empathy link and all that, he knew they would see right through him.

So here he was, standing in the bright sun. He thought that maybe, if he started out unnoticed he could climb up the hill and take a nap in the trees. If anyone found him, he could say he was training for going on quests, in case he ended up camping outside.

Now, he had just gotten to the top, when he realized he didn't have a pillow. Percy cursed out loud as he slid down a tree. He put his head between his legs and groaned. Just then, he heard something from the trees. He instinctively jumped up and reached for the pen in his pocket.

He saw a short figure with a mop of blond hair. His first thought was Will, and he began to put away his sword, until the figure came out all the way. It was Octavian! 

Percy knew that Octavian had apologized. He was truly sorry for his mistakes, but he was still punished. He wasn't supposed to be away from Camp Jupiter.

"What are you doing here?" Percy demanded.

Octavian raised his arms in surrender.

"I'm not trying to do arm!" he said. His voice was raspy.

Percy narrowed his eyes. 

"Please Octavian said. "I have something for you."

Octavian reached into his bag and pulled out something. He handed it to Percy.

"Here."

Percy held the panda pillow pet, his eyes wide. Then he hugged it like a kid.

"Thanks man." he said.

Octavian smiled.

"I know it's cheesy, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was. I didn't mean for everything that happened to happen."

Percy grinned.

"It's okay man."

Percy led Octavian back out.

"I know that a lot of people still hate me." Octavian said.

"Yeah." Percy grinned. "Even I hated you until just now."

"Do you know how to make them like me?" Octavian asked.

"You can't make someone like you." Percy told him. "Just do what you did to me. Be nice to them, replace the things that you destroyed."

Octavian nodded, then turned around and began to walk home.

*.*.*.*

I know this was cheesy and lame. I was thinking of deleting this one, but I didn't have any better ideas.