❁ t w e n t y - t h r e e ❁

- Leah -

Listening to four hormonal guys with heaps of energy while confined in a car was not in the list of things I wanted to do today, so I attempted to drown it out with my music. Unfortunately, but as expected, it resulted in being tapped on the shoulder every seventeen seconds, so I gave up and joked along with them.

About three hours into the car ride, Luke, Calum, and Michael had all dozed off, leaving just Ashton and I awake. I mean, it wouldn't be very good at all if Ashton was asleep, because he was driving after all.

"Are you getting tired? We can switch off if you want." I muttered quietly to him, cuddling into one of the many fuzzy blankets that I insisted on bringing (who could live without fuzzy blankets?).

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks for the offer though." He grinned at me, making me smile.

"Tell me if you need to switch off, cute one." I chuckled.

Wait, what the fuck...

"Shit, that was embarrassing, sorry." I laughed awkwardly.

"I like that nickname, princess." Ashton smirked, meeting my eyes briefly before returning his attention to the road.

I felt my cheeks reddening as the words left his mouth. That name kills me, dammit.

"Fuck you." I chuckled, staring at the road.

"I'd love to." A smirk grew across his face.

"Shut the fuck up." I laughed, watching him smile at his own stupid joke.

After a few minutes of silence, Ashton spoke up again. "There's a Dairy Queen on this next exit. Want a Blizzard?"

"Fuck yes." I grinned as he merged into the left lane.

"Good. Should we get something for the guys?"

"If you know what they like." I shrugged as he exited the interstate, turning towards the restaurant. He parked the van and we both began to crawl out when a voice from the back startled us suddenly.

"Where are we?" Michael groaned sleepily.

"Dairy Queen, get your ass up if you want something." Ashton remarked happily.

"Wait, shit. I want some ice cream." Michael shot up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and drowsily opening the door.

"Did somebody say ice cream?" Luke groaned.

"Dude I want some." Calum muttered.

"Since when have you guys been awake?" I laughed, opening my door and exiting the van. Ashton and I met each other behind the van, him rolling his eyes in amusement.

"I could throw a brick at them and they wouldn't wake up, but yet the word ice cream does the trick in two seconds."

"I'm like that too." I chuckled, the boys lounging their way over to us slowly, clearly still half-asleep.

We walked into Dairy Queen, deciding what we wanted. Ashton and I let the guys order first, and then got in line. "What are you getting?" Ashton asked me.

"Only the best, cookies and cream blizzard." I smiled.

"Is that your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Yeah."

"You twin with Luke." He chuckled. As we approached the register, Ashton eased his way in front of me, not that I really cared.

"Hi, I would like two large cookies and cream blizzards, please." Ashton said.