❁ t w e n t y - o n e ❁

- Leah -

Repetitive knocks on my door signified the annoyance of the person standing behind it.

"Ashton, I'm almost done." I groaned for the millionth time.

"Please hurry. The guys are waiting for us." He paused. "Can I at least come in?"

"You never look at a bride before the wedding," I joked.

"Shut up." He laughed, his voice still slightly muffled from being behind the door. I applied my mascara quickly and turned to look at myself in my body mirror. A cute ass black and white gridded dress, double french braids, and black vans (I know it doesn't exactly match, but a girl has gotta have comfy feet). Satisfied with my look, I walked out of my bathroom and grabbed my small bag, placing my phone, wallet, and keys into it before opening my door. Ashton's eyes met mine and he gave me a soft smile, examining my outfit.

"Cute."

"Is this okay for whatever you're doing?" I chuckled, looking at his attire, which was simply black jeans and a Nickleback t-shirt.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He smiled, placing his arm around my waist and leading me to the rickety, old stairs. We began to walk down until suddenly-

Fuck. Who leaves spilt water on metal stairs??

Before I even knew what the hell was happening, I was at the bottom of the lower flight of stairs on the ground.

"What the fuck, Leah?" Ashton's voice raised, pulling me back into reality. "You're literally twenty-one years old and you can't even walk down the stairs without falling?"

"Ouch." I muttered, my head aching from my brain feeling as if it just went flying through my forehead.

"This is already not off to a good start." Ashton muttered angrily, grabbing my hand as he reached the bottom of the stairs and roughly and pulling me off the ground. "Hold the rail, Leah." He taunted.

"Stop." I groaned, rubbing the back of my aching neck, in which I hit on the back of several stairs. My head was pounding.

"Come onnnn." He whined, "we need to get there."

"Okay, okay." I shook my head as if it would help me somehow and began to lumber down the stairs, Ashton holding one hand while my other held tightly into the rusty railing.

After reaching the first floor, I began to hobble around the floor as the clearly angry boy pulled me along.

"Shit, Ashton, I don't fe-"

"Fuck, Leah!" He exclaimed, his hand on my back suddenly supporting my entire body.

"Hmm?" I groaned groggily, feeling completely out of it.

Slowly, I felt myself being laid onto the cold, metal floor. "Shit, I'm fucking stupid." He muttered quietly.

Though I wasn't exactly sure what the fuck was happening, I could tell that somebody eventually came along and put me on a comfortable mat and moved me somewhere..

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"The one time I try to make her get out of her comfort zone, she falls down the damn stairs and gets a fucking concussion." I heard Ashton's mesmerizing voice through my own grogginess.

"Is she awake?" I heard another voice.. Calum, I think? "I'm pretty sure I just saw her move."

"People move in their sleep, Calum." Michael remarked snappily.

"Calm it." I grumbled, opening my eyes slightly to see Luke and Calum sitting down in two chairs next to me and Michael and Ashton standing over me right next to each other. A small smile tugged at my lips as I saw my friends, but then realized...