❁ e i g h t ❁

- Leah -

Bang. Bam. Boom. Dam. Tss.

Most normal people would be startled and terrified to be awakened to loud, continuous banging coming from next door at four in the morning. Me? I was fucking annoyed.

Knowing that there was no way I would be able to grab his attention through knocking on his door, as his drumming was much too loud to hear over, I decided that I would have to climb to his balcony again. For some reason, he seems to think that it was ridiculous of me to do this days ago. Maybe he will be angry again and cease his drumming.

Stepping into the burning hot, dry weather of my porch, I heard a far too familiar melody.

"This is how you remind me of what I really am,
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you
A heart worth breaking."

I felt chills rushing through my body as childhood memories flooded my head. That was one of my favorite songs as a teenager. It was definitely on the playlist of songs I blasted in my earphones while I walked down the hallways of hell (high school). In fact, I bet if I looked in my Spotify, I could probably find it in my old "pop punk" playlist. I mean, it wasn't filled with pop punk only, but a lot of it was.

I had to admit, Ashton was one hell of a good singer.

Almost forgetting that I was between two porches three floors above the ground, my grip on the railing faltered for a second and I felt myself leaning towards the ground. Panic overtook my body as I pulled myself back into my previous position and cautiously climbed over his railing.

Taking deep breaths to calm my nerves from almost falling off of a porch and dying, I stood for a few moments, listening to the song. It was absolutely beautiful and worked incredibly for Ashton's voice and drumming abilities. Sighing, I slid open the screen door and walked inside. Ashton, who was sitting behind his drums, stopped immediately and stared at me, taking his large, bulky earphones off of his head.

"W-what?"

"Hey, I'm kind of trying to sleep and I can't really sleep with this noise." I shrugged, trying not to piss him off to the point where he wants revenge. Anything that I say seems to piss him off.

"Oh, um... Sorry." He muttered, standing up with his drumsticks still in his hands.

"Thank you." I sighed, relieved and hoping nothing else would happen. I was in no mood to deal with Ashton. The only mood I was in was to sleep, but I'm always in that mood.

"Shocking, you don't have enchilada sauce." He snapped suddenly. I stared at him and stayed silent, hoping not to anger him. We can't be together for more than ten minutes without one of us exploding. Ashton and I are like oil and water, we don't mix.

"Yeah." I muttered. "Well, g-"

"Why do you think I hate you?" He asked, taking a step closer to me.

"You do." I took a step back.

"I do not."

"Then why do you... Why are you rude to me?" I asked, too tired to think of things that he had done to me.

"Why do I what?"

"Shut up. Why are y-"

"I won't shut up. Admit it, I haven't done anything to show hatred towards you."

"You put a fucking plastic spider on my face for god's sake, Ashton! And you're so passive aggressive, I can't handle you!"

"As I've told you, I wasn't involved in that at all. And I think you have our roles mixed up, you're the passive aggressive one in this scenario. I'm just aggressive and sweet." His eyes bored into mine, showing me his sudden aggression through his harsh glare.