Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

DAMON WAS SIGNING some documents when the door opened and with a bright smile, Mrs. Stavros entered his office.

"Good morning darling! How's work?"

"Good. Why are you here? Do you need anything?"

"No. Why? Masama bang bisitahin ang baby boy ko? Hmm?"

"Spill it mom, I know you want something from me." Kilala niya ang mama niya, hindi siya nito madalas dalawin sa opisina kung wala itong sasabihing importante, well depende nalang kung tungkol na naman ito sa bagay na iyon.

"Anak... Sabihin mo nga sa akin, ilang taon na ba ako?" And here we go.

"Forty nine and turning fifty, three months from now." He answered casually.

"Exactly!" Lumapit ang ginang sa kanya at hinawakan nito ang mga kamay niya. "Damon matanda na ako, hindi natin alam kung hanggang kailan ako mabububuhay and at least man lang, I wanna see my grandchildren before I finally become fertiliser.''

"Mom you're exaggerating. How would that happen? Dad is spoiling you enough to give you anything you're in need of. You have monthly checkups and you are so healthy— no, too healthy you could even live for I don't know, 50 more years? And besides, we already talked about this, many times infact, and again my answer is no." Tumayo siya at humarap sa floor to ceiling glass window ng opisina niya. Kitang kita mula rito ang magandang paglubog ng araw. "I'm not yet ready to get married. Not now."

Kahit kailan talaga ay napakatigas ng ulo ng kanyang ina. Hindi siya pala salita pero dahil dito ay napapasubo siya dahil kailangan mo talagang ipasok sa kukote nito ang gusto mo bago ka niya hayaan. So much for having an ex lawyer for a mother. They never stop until they win the issue.

"Then tell me Damon, kailan ka pa magiging handa? Kapag uugod ugod ka na? Ha?"

"Mom..." Humarap siya sa mama niya at nilapitan niya ito. "I'm contented with the life I have currently—"

"You might be, but are you happy?" He was taken aback by the question. "I'm telling you Damon, you better stop that...contract thing with women and be serious with them. I know, napapagaan ng loob mo yan dahil sa mga dinanas mo but dear..." His mother sighed. "I know it's hard, we're all trying and so should you, let's forget about the dark past and move on. Tanggapin nalang din natin na wala na ang kuya—"

"No." His calm face turned grim and his cool demeanour suddenly vanished, his aura becoming dark. "I won't let them get away, I'll make sure they all pay double for what they did. End of discussion."

"Damon–"

"Get out mom." His voice was firm and dangerous. He couldn't help but recall what happened years ago and his anger rises everytime he remembers it, nothing or nobody has and could make him calm... not his mother, not his friends, not even himself.

"Damon please calm down—"

"I said get out!" He close his eyes and tried his best to calm down.

"Y-yes. I'm sorry dear. I really am. I love you." Yun ang huling sinabi ng ginang bago ito lumabas.

"Fuck it!" Hindi na niya napigilan at ibinato niya lahat ng bagay na makikita niya... But it's not enough. He went to his table and grabbed his phone. He was about to call Andromeda when he remembered that their contract ended last night.