"But you two have been on a couple 'study dates' haven't you?" Eileen said, using air quotations around the words "study dates."

"What do you mean by that?" Blair asked defensively.

"We all know you've just been flirting with her the entire time," Eleanor said, nudging her and making her turn even more pink.

"Okay, okay fine!" she groaned, rolling her eyes. "I'll ask her."

"I on the other hand, am not concerned about having a date because I do not need a date to have fun at a dance," Eileen said with an air of superiority. 

"I'm sure there'll be plenty of boys to dance with that have been ditched by their own dates or are going dateless that we can dance with anyways," Eleanor said. 

"Or we could dance together!" Eileen suggested.

"Or we could sneak off together with Hemmings and have a three-way in his office," Eleanor wiggled her eyebrows at Eileen.

"Oh, I like the sounds of that even more," Eileen winked back at Eleanor, and Blair and I rolled our eyes at them. 

"Either way," Eileen said. "I'm just excited to find an elegant dress and hopefully be able to do you girls' makeup?"

"Of course!" I said, smiling at Eileen and the joy it brought her to hear it from not only me, but then Blair and Eleanor as well.

We finally got to our homework, but I'd been falling behind in one class so the other girls finished before I did. 

"You guys go ahead, I'm just going to finish up my philosophy homework," I said.

"Are you sure? We can wait for you," Eleanor said.

"I'm fine, really," I said, smiling at the girls. "I'll see you guys at dinner."

As I was finishing up the last of my homework and packing up my bag, I saw a familiar face approaching me.

"Hi Alex," I smiled, taking my bag and pulling it over my shoulder. 

"Hello Daisy," he smiled back, reaching and taking my bag from my shoulder and pulling me in for a hug. "The girls told me you were still at it."

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes. "Professor Irwin really doesn't understand the concept that I do have homework from other teachers."

"That's okay." Alex interlaced his fingers with mine and walked out of the library still carrying my bag. "Dinner is in less than 10 minutes so I'm sure the girls are already in the dining hall."

"Probably," I said. "Eleanor likes to be first served."

Alex chuckled as we walked the corridor to the dorm buildings for me to drop my bag before we headed to the dining hall.

"Well listen, Daisy, there was something I wanted to talk to you about," he said as we walked up the stairs to my floor. 

"Oh," I said, frowning as my stomach turned over, wondering what it could possibly be.

"No, it's nothing bad," Alex assured me, laughing a little at my anxiety. "It's good actually."

"Oh, okay," I sighed of relief a little bit. "Well what is it?"

"Well, you see, there's this Autumn Dance coming up in a few weeks," he said, smiling at me as we stopped in front of my dorm. "And I was wondering if you would be my date for it."

"Me?" I said back, playfully shocked as his question. "Why would you want to go with me?"

"To be completely honest, it's because I know you're kind of a loser and I felt bad," he shrugged, though he was still smirking and I could see the playfulness in his eyes.

"Hey!" I swatted his shoulder, though I was laughing at our banter as well.

Alex leaned in and pressed a short, soft kiss to my lips.

"Yes, I would be delighted to be your date for the Autumn Dance," I smiled, pulling out my key to unlock my dorm.

"Well I'm delighted that you said yes!" Alex said, waiting patiently as I stepped inside and set my bag down on my bed, then walked back into the hallway with him.

"Well I'm delighted that you asked me!" I giggled, walking with him towards the dining hall.

"Well I'm delighted that they decided to have a dance so that I could ask you!" Alex replied.

"Well I'm delighted that--"

"Enough!" he laughed as we approached the dining hall.

"Fine," I sighed and rolled my eyes, but we were still smiling at each other.

"Will you see you before you head to your dorm after dinner?" he asked as we stopped outside the dining hall.

"Of course," I smiled, leaning up and giving him a quick kiss before we turned the corner and walked inside, parting ways to go to our separate tables.

-

A/N: aw I ship them so much

HUGE apology for no update for so long, I have been SUPER busy and haven't had a chance to update this one, and I felt bad because I updated my other story like 4 times and didn't update this one at all and I felt bad, plus people keep asking for updates so I finally updated yay!

I'm going to try to make updates regular, like weekly or something because it'll build my audience more frequently, but it will probably be on weekends because I have so much going on during the week but I will try my best to work something out to make it AT LEAST weekly!

also please vote and comment on my story, and maybe share it with your friends if you really like it?? and thank you so much for any number of reads, no matter how small!! xx